•𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲•

•☁️•

Tommy's POV, October 1987

Nikki had gone back to Doc and Doug and agreed to cancel the remaining shows, Doug had also rang and booked Nikki and the rest of us into rehab- we were due there in 2 days including today, so that gives Nikki and I one day before we go with Vince and Mick into a month and a half of rehab, it was that length of time so it lessened Nikki's chance of relapsing- a month would have been okay but the extra couple of weeks was worth it.

River was going to my parents while Nikki and I were getting clean, it was going to be hard to be away from her for that long but it had to be done. Nik was scared, I saw that, he was scared of the physical agony he's gonna go through to kick smacks ass but if anyone can do it, it's him.

It wasn't going to be a walk in the park for any of us, we're all going to have to face internal demons and give up things we've been reliant on for years. Out of all of us I had a bit of an advantage because I had considerably lowered my cocaine and alcohol consumption after finding out about River so out of the four of us, I had the easiest job- Nikki was going to struggle the most, then probably Mick because that bastard was a slave to vodka then Vince because he too had a soft spot for his liquor.

I had a feeling both Vince and Mick will eventually get back onto alcohol, maybe not so much cocaine because both of then would choose a bottle of Jack over a line of coke any day but them slipping back into alcohol was pretty much guaranteed but I did appreciate the sentiment of them doing this for Nikki.

When we arrived home from the tour I rang both Mick and Vince to see if they'd made it home safely- they had. So I then went upstairs to find Nikki unpacking our clothes and putting them back into the wardrobe but he looked slightly uneasy, like he was nervous.

"Nikks?" Nikki jumps at the sound of my voice and spins around startled, he relaxes slightly when he sees it's me but tears filled his eyes regardless, I walk over to him and hug him, he whimpered as my arms embraced him "Hey, what's wrong? What's the matter?"

"I-... I... I just haven't been here with you since the n-night you l... left and putting R-River in her room just b-brought back everything I've d..d-done. I'm s-scared something's gonna h-..happen"

"Like what, sweetheart?"

"I-I don't know... I'm just s-scared I'll hurt y-you again or River and I-... can't let you down."

I close my eyes and put a hand in the back of Nikki's hair "You won't. You won't, what happened in the past stays in the past. It's okay, we're together now. Nothing is gonna happen, I swear, I'm here Nik"

"What if I-I do? What if I h-..hurt you?"

"Your not going to, your not who you were then"

Nikki sobs "What i-if I go b-back?"

I sighed sadly "Nik, you won't..." I said as I pulled him over to the bed and climbed under the duvet bringing Nikki with me not giving a shit about the fact we were both still clothed. We'd done it before it makes no difference.

Without a word, the bassist turned onto his side so I was spooning him, my hold on Nikki was protective trying to calm him down and make him feel safe, telling his brain that everything was okay "It's alright, just sleep Nik, sleep"