•𝗚𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆•

•☁️•

Nikki's POV, January 1988

So, this morning was the last morning before Tommy and I get married. This time tomorrow we would be saying 'I do' which was an exciting and scary prospect.

We'd managed to plan the wedding pretty well considering we've only had a couple of months to do it in, Doug had a friend who was a priest who had performed many same sex marriages in secret- I admired his balls for doing it.

So, he was going to marry us and I will thank Doug for the rest of my life for doing this because he didn't have too.

My nerves over tomorrow were rising and I don't even know why, I had nothing to be nervous about but that's a typical me thing to do is overthink, but I think that's common knowledge now isn't it?

Tommy had spent hours sorting out a colour scheme finally settling on Red, Black and Gold- I was all for it seems as colours didn't really matter to me but they meant everything to Tommy apparently.

I brought this up with him this afternoon, because I was genuinely curious as to why he thought it was so important.

"We have to have a good colour scheme, Nikki. It's like wedding law"

"Is it? I ain't ever heard that before"

"Yeah, well, it's the truth" Tommy mutters playfully while doing a final check of the massive checklist he's created.

Y'know Tommy has hijacked this entire wedding? I mean I'm kinda happy he did cause I know fuck all about planning shit like this but like man, he's booked everything and payed for everything himself which I was less than happy about but he wouldn't change his mind no matter how much I protested against it.

"Stop checking that damn list, you've checked it a hundred times the last couple of days, we've done everything- chill out dude"

"Sorry that I want everything to be perfect"

I shuffle closer to the drummer and rest my chin on his shoulder muttering softly "It already is... I'm marrying you and that's perfect enough for me- it's always going to be"

Tommy's eyes softened and he stared at me in complete awe pressing his lips on mine lovingly, I close my eyes and savour the moment with the man I love- we sat making out for literal hours so much so that we almost fell asleep but at that point we finally pulled away from eachother but Tommy sat me on his lap where he rested his head in the crook of my neck, we sat in silence listening to each other's heavy breathing.

"After tomorrow your stuck with me forever, you do realise this don't you?" Tommy spoke after a few quiet minutes.

"And you do realise that I'm the one who proposed to you, remember?"

"I know, just thought I'd remind you, cause forever is a long time"

I shrugged "We've already been together for just about six years and that's flown by- eternity doesn't seem that long when we're together"

"Listen to you, your such a sap- I think your sappier than me and that's saying something babe"

"This may be true, but repeat it to another living soul and your a dead man, Lee"