Part 2 - Hot Chocolate

Concentrating on your work lets your heart calm down a little. But as you carry the two mugs over to the table, you can feel it pumping harder again.

"One hot chocolate, sir." You placed it in front of him; curious to see his reaction.

As one would expect, he looked down at the drink, his eyes taking in what was in front of him. You waited patiently - knowing that his next move would say a lot of his character.

His face lights up in a grin. "How cute! You made me a-"

You return as he looks at you with a smile that reflects the one you made on his hot chocolate. "You like it?" You asked.

"I love it! It's adorable!" he leans down to study it even closer, and you let out a little laugh as he inspects every aspect of your creation. "You're an artist - truly." He ads when he sees your expression.

"No, I just drew a smile on top of your cream. It was nothing really - a child could have done it!"

"Exactly!" He looks up at you, a seriousness suddenly in his eyes. "You drew a smiley. Not a heart or a leaf."

Realizing you might have offended him, you hurry to apologize. "I-I'm sorry - did you want me to make you a leaf or a h-heart?"

"I didn't say that." His eyes meet yours, but you look down and away, not able to meet his intensity. "I meant that you chose the smiley instead - and that says something about you."

His words surprise you. Hadn't you just been thinking the exact same thing? That his reaction to your choice of pattern would say a lot about him.

Regaining some of your courage, you look up and will yourself to meet his eyes fully. Doing so, you know at once that that was a mistake.

His eyes, deep and dark like the darkest chocolate, but with a sweetness clearly in every shimmer of them. Unable to even try to look away, you sink into them, your soul given away to whoever created a person with such soulful eyes.

Lost in time, you suddenly feel a warmth spread through you. That's it, you thought. You have officially begun your way to melted state - and soon all that would be left would be running chocolate - oh how you wish it could then just blend into his eyes to be a part of him.

Although the warmth was still there, there was movement too. Noticing it, you at first do not react, but you then realize exactly what-

Finally managing to pull your eyes away from his orbs, your attention moves to his smile - oh, his warm, adorable smile - and further down; following his arm, until.

"You're freezing."

You gulp as you watched his hand as they grip around one of yours. Your heart speeds up, but this time you cannot manage to control it, as you let out a small gasp as he moves his thumb; rubbing over your skin with his warm, soft, and oh so gentle finger.

Following his movements with your eyes, you feel yourself getting softer by each stroke; the heat in your body getting stronger by the minute.

Then it stops.

"I'm sorry."

His hand gives yours the smallest of squeezes before letting go.

Your eyes shoot up to meet his. You had not felt cold before, but now, your hand felt like it was left all alone in a blizzard. "I-I-"

"I'm sorry." He repeats as he gives his chair a push backward, ready to get up. "It was wrong of me to-"

You hand shoots out, grabbing ahold of his as it glides away from you; your grasp harder than you intended, but if you don't - if you let him get up from that chair-

"Y/N?" His eyes widen, something appearing in them that you cannot clearly identify.

You can't find your words, and even if you could, you were not sure if you could find anything to say. Reaching out had been your instinct, but now that you had stopped him, you were not sure what to do.