Part 3 - Do you still have it?

You continue to watch each other, and then something shifts on his face. Nodding, he slowly pulls his chair closer to the table again - his eyes never letting go of yours as he does.

Even though he is now sitting like before you cannot make yourself let go of his arm. If you do, what would happen? You sit there and wait for him to release himself, but he does not. Instead, he does something else entirely.

Adjusting the arm that you were clenching, he grabbed hold of your arm with his own.

Surprised by his action, you momentarily loosen your grip on him, and taking advantage of the situation, he quickly slides his grip down your arm until your hand slides down in his; him locking his warmth around your hand.

You blush, and seeing it, he lets out a chuckle.

"You're cute, Y/N."

"I-I..." You feel your blush deepened. ".. thank you..."

Releasing some of the pressure on your hand, he opens your hand and makes you spread your fingers, playing with them.

You giggle, your heart a fluttering mess as this wonderfully cute and beautiful being is touching you with the softness and playfulness only inhibited by an innocent soul.

"T-Tae..." You say, a question slipping into your mind. "So, ehm, are you a student here at Bantan?" You ask.

"Nope."

You blink. With him coming here every day, you had been sure he was a student, but then maybe? "You look young to be a teacher!"

"I'm not." He continues to play with your fingers, his eyes once again trying to capture your soul.

"So then...." You are unsure about how to ask. "Why are you here? I mean, you come here every day, but if you are not studying or working here, then..."

"I was walking in the rain one day. I had just had the worst day in a long time - everything just felt bad and I just couldn't pull myself up from that mud that I had sunk into." He looks down, releasing your eyes, and looking down at your fingers. "It was in June I think. Back then I had no idea that I walked into a campus area, I just walked and let my legs take me wherever they wanted. Before I knew what was happening, I was crashed into by someone on a bike. I didn't get hurt - and not them either, but I think that was the final drop to my shitty day."

Listening intently to his story, you squeeze his hand, feeling bad for the Taehyung back then.

"I probably would have done something then - something that I know I would have come to regret, but..." He let his fingertips as he traced up along the length of your fingers; gracing every fiber of your hand until he was holding your hands pressed up and together.

"B-but?" You ask; transfixed by his touch.

A careful, soft smile returns to his lips. "There was this sound, this jingle." He bends his fingertips over your shorter ones, and to your surprise, he looks up at you and opens his mouth - and sings.

Your mouth drops open. "But that- that's!"

He smiles. "Do you still have it?"

You can barely nod as you use your free hand to pick out your phone from the pocket of your barista apron. Unlocking it, you are about to go through it to find it when a warm hand grips around your hand and phone both.

You look up at him, surprised."But-?"

"Let me?" He gives you a small wink, and as you are perplexed, he carefully pulls your phone out of your grasp.

You watch him as he lets his finger over your phone. Nervous, you try to lean closer to see what he is doing, but catching you, he leans back; blocking your view. He looks up at you with a teasing flicker in his eyes as he bites his lip.

Your heart stops; unable to take your eyes off his lips - of him.