Part 12 - What was Forgotten

The shop was finally closing up for the day and you were tired from the long day of work. Even though they had come late, the customers had been very thirsty today, and both you and Simon had had to work nonstop until you put up the closing sign. Feeling bad for having him work overtime, you had told Simon that he could leave before you, but he had insisted on helping you until all was cleaned up.

Cleaning off the last of the last tables, you wipe your brow. It had been a long day, and you could not wait to-

Oh. shit...

You just remembered.

Panic growing in your eyes, you stuff you hand in your pocket and grasp around the phone.

You should have replied to him... Now, it was too late - wasn't it? By now he...But maybe?

Having an inner battle with yourself, you finally decide to call him.

It might be a bad idea, but right now you cannot afford to wait as you have already waited so long and can not take the chance that he will not see it... Also, you still don't know what to write to him... Maybe if you call, then maybe you will know what to say.

Swallowing, you take a deep breath and hold it as your finger lingers over the 'call' button.

"Y/N?"

A voice calls you and you jump around.

"Ah, Simon, you're still here. I thought you left a few minutes ago"

"Nah," he scratches the back of his head. "I wanted to stay for a bit longer."

"Oh?" You're confused - after 12 hours of work, you'd have thought he'd want to go home to rest. "Ehm, ok?"

"It's just... I thought I saw..." He sighs. "I'm sorry that I'm a bit on edge today... Just... Seeing you like that earlier..."

* JINGLE *

You jump as you hear your ringtone.

You quickly look down at the screen, realizing that you're still calling Taehyung.

But then...?

You turn your head slowly, your mind telling you something that you cannot quite believe. It's no way that he could have.. or could he?

Now facing the door, you look around to see him, but Taehyung is nowhere to be seen.

You look again - you cannot be imagining the sound of your own ringtone, could you?

"Isn't that your ringtone, Y/N?" Simon seems as confused as you. At least that means that it is not only you that can hear it.

You look around you and finally, your eyes spot something blinking. Walking over to the flower pot - you bend down and pick up.

There is no mistaking it - it is Taehyung's phone.