Part 5 - Simon

Once inside the backroom, you throw you back against the wall, while letting out a heavy breath. Had this been home, you would have cried, but you are still at work, and cannot afford to cry in case any customers will show up.

"Any customers yet?"

You jump from the voice. You had forgotten that Simon was still here. "Ah, well.."

"Ey, Y/N, are you okay?" He walks over to you and looks at your face. "Are you-?"

You shake your head - denying what he did not ask.

"Is it one of the jerks again?" He asks, clearly not believing you. "I swear if it's that guy from the sports team-"

"No no," You try to calm him. Although Simon was cute and friendly, he was a fierce protector of his friends. You remembered when you had seen it the first time. It had been during his trial weeks, and you had not yet decided to keep him on or not as you were unsure whether or not he would be able to confront any unpleasant customers.

You had been walking the room and taking orders when a group of male students had approached you in want of alcoholic beverages. You had informed them that you only had beer, and after some talk between them, they had ordered a round. The evening had continued, and they kept drinking. It was not that you minded, but as they became louder, they began disturbing your other customers.

As they began singing, you had approached their table to ask them to leave, but they had not been happy when you told them so. Arguing back, it all grew until you suddenly felt a hand around your waist and were pulled down on one of their laps. Panic growing in you, you had looked around in bewilderment, but before you could call for assistance, Simon had grabbed one of the others and pulled hard on him, making him fall to the floor.

Enraged by the treatment of their friend, the others had let go of you and closed in on Simon instead. Instead of fearing for yourself, you had feared for him. However, your fears had been unnecessary as they one after another backed away from your rescuer. They left soon after, and although you had asked him how, he had never wanted to talk of it.

You had hired him permanently from that day - no doubt in your mind that he would be a good fit for the coffee house.

"Really, Simon. It's nothing."

"How can it be nothing?" He asked as you saw something dark boil up in him. "It's not nothing when you are sitting here on the brink of crying - no don't you say that that is not the case - I saw it - it was the same as that evening."

Just the mention of it makes you flinch.

"That there - yes that look." Simon points a finger at your face. "That is how you looked - then and now." He reached for the door handle, but before he can open it, you grip his arm.

"Simon, it's not the same, honestly." You tell him. Although hurt, you do not want Simon to approach Taehyung. "He didn't.... He just... It's me, I'm the stupid one."

Letting his eyes rest on you for a few, long seconds, Simon gave a nod.

Breathing out in relief, you let go of his arm, but as you do, he opens the door to the café and walks in.

For a second you consider following him, but something, you are not sure what, is holding you back. Instead, you walk over to the door after it closes and look through the one-way-window.

Leaning close, letting your nose touch the class, you watch as Simon walks in and heads directly over to Taehyung's table.