Part 14 - Confession

"Ehm, Y/N?" asks Simon. "Are you sure that you're alright?"

Nodding, you reassure him. "It's great actually!'" You beam a smile towards him, but for some reason, it seems to take him aback.

"Ehm, okay.... If you say so..." He looks over at Taehyung, and then back at you. The look in his eyes seems to soften. "Well, if that is all, I will leave and go home for today, is that okay, Y/N?"

You smile and nod to him. "Oh, yes, of course, Simon! Thank you for all the help today!"

He returns your smile, before shifting to look at Taehyung. His smile gets a hard edge to it as he sends the other guy a stern look. "Don't make her cry, you got that?"

Your cheeks flush up. "Simon!"

Ignoring you, he continues to hold Taehyung's eyes with his. "She's like a sister to me, so if you hurt her..."

"I can't promise anything other than that I will do my best to keep her smiling." Taehyung responds, his tone as serious as his words.

Silence lingering between the two of them, Simon gives a nod. "Good." He then turns to look at you. "I'll be going then. Good luck." Then, he gives you a secret wink and walks to the staff door and through it.

Left alone in the now empathy room, you look over at Taehyung - becoming acutely aware that what would come next would be something important.

Turning back to Taehyung, you give him a shy smile. "So, eh, I think you forgot your phone?" You pick it up from your apron pocket and hold it out towards him. "I found it in the flower pot by the entrance... I'm not quite sure how it got there, but..."

A wide boxy grin spreads on his lips as he follows you with clever eyes.

"Oh..." You let out a small gasp. "You didn't!"

His smile grows wider.

Stunned by this realization, you temporarily lose the ability to speak. Finally collecting yourself again, you splutter; "Why? Why would you leave it? And in a flower pot nonetheless!"

"I needed a reason to come back here." He said straight out.

"But-but!" Your head spins. "What about the text message you sent me?" Your cheeks flush up, but you're already rolling. "If you left your phone here, how would you know what I answered?"

"I wouldn't." Taehyung confessed.

"Then why?"

"Well," He shrugs. "Either you'd say yes and I would have met you here anyhow. Or..." His eyes shift, and you see worry in them.

"Or?" You ask, your voice shivering nervously.

"Or I would have a reason for seeing you one last time."