Part 8 - So close

"I-I-" You feel your cheeks flush up.

"I-I-" You begin, not sure how to apologize in this situation. "I don't know why I-"

A burst of laughter cuts you off, and you look up, bewildered by his sudden outburst.

"Ehm?" Unsure what to do, you carefully draw your hand back from him; already missing the softness of it. "Tae?" You ask as he just continues to roll out of him.

"Haha, I- haha." He tries to speak, but the laughter makes it impossible for him. Realizing this, he instead reaches his hands out for you and grabs your hand - pulling you closer to him.

Letting out a surprised noise, you suddenly find yourself very close to Taehyung. You could feel the heat of his breath on your face, and your head begins to spin as you realize exactly how close you are to him.

His smile is friendly as he had now regained control of his laughter. A glint in his eyes, he leaned down closer to you, his eyes seeking yours and pinning you in place with its gaze.

"Y/N..." His words were like a small whisper, it's tone drawing you even closer to him. "What time is it?"

"I-" Blinking, you realize what he had just asked. Drawing your eyes from his, you look down and get your phone from your apron pouch. Your hands are shivering a bit from all the emotions running through you, but you manage to get the phone fully up and activate the screen.

"6:57." You tell him, your mind wondering why he had asked. Could it be that he needed to be somewhere soon? Of course. It wasn't like he had come here just to stay. It was obvious that he would have to leave soon - how soon though, that was the question.

"Mhmmm..." He hummed, wrapping his arm around the back of your neck and pulling you in to rest your head against his chest.

Your heart rushing like an engine, you feel like it is about to explode. What was he doing? What was going on?!

Taehyung lets out another little chuckle as he hears your gasp. "Shh," he whispers; his lips pressed against the top of your head. "You'll see."

Standing still, you want to ask him what he means, but you cannot find the words. Instead, you keep standing there, very much aware of the closeness of the two of you.

Time stretched, and it feels like an eternity has passed. Giving a light cough, you clear your throat - still not knowing what to say. "A-are-?"

* JINGLE *

Your eyes shoot at the clear sound of your phone. Embarrassed, your fingers are shaking as they are desperately trying to turn it off. Your fingers finally manage to behave enough to rest on the silencer button.

"Don't."