.LOST

*tw*
―︎Eight years ago
Toya

"I can't do this anymore," I scream out loud tears now flooding down my face, beads of sweat began to build up on my hairline, and how I began to uncontrollably shake. There I sat on my bed at sixteen contemplating life, Dad had another outburst. He yelled again and again it never stopped, it will never stop.

"Honey calm down you're scaring the children!" I heard my mom screech out from the other room, "I don't care, Shoto needs to learn how to control his powers!" I heard dad scream back to my mom, I heard a door slam shut and heard sobbing and footsteps running out of the bathroom. (Mans was just trynna take a shit in peace smh)

Shoto must have heard that I ran to his room to find him sitting on his bed staring down. "Don't listen to him." I reply sitting next to him, he looks up just for him to analyze my face, "why are you crying big brother? He hasn't screamed at you today." Shoto says worried about how my eyes began to look puffy, "I'm just a little stressed out about school kiddo i'm fine," I spoke to him while rubbing his head. I was lying to him I didn't want to but I couldn't let him know he is just a kid I don't want to scar him or make him sad.

"You're a bad liar, Toya," he says while staring at me blankly. My eyes twitches, "I'm not lying Shoto seriously," I reply to him my eyes swelling even more with tears. "It's dad isn't it? I know you feel like he neglects you." He says to me "but just remember big sis and big bro love you very much and I do too. We're supposed to stick together forever that's what brothers are there for," he says while hopping into my lap and hugging me.

I began to uncontrollably sob now, "th-thank you your only eight and your already stronger than me," I say quietly. "Crying doesn't make you weak it makes you strong. You're strong Toya," he says while still hugging me. I smile at him, "promise to not do anything bad to yourself I don't want you to go," Shoto says to me. "I promise kid now let's play cars!" I chuckled out while giving a second so Shoto could get off of me.

A pit in my stomach began to build up. "He knows," I snap out of my thought and pick up the blue car and the purple, he picks up the yellow and pink one. The both of us avoid the red car, we just do it on impulse because it resonates with our father. We were racing cars when our mom came in. "You two clean up, we're having dinner soon so please wash your hands and put up your toys and come down stairs," she smiles holding a hamper of dirty laundry.

"Go wash your hands Shoto, wash away all the germs i'll clean up," I reply to him. "Thanks Toya your the best!" He smiles to me and begins to run to the bathroom, I smile I always feel happy when i'm around my younger siblings especially Shoto. I placed all the toys in the chest, I was about to get up but my phone began to ring, it was my boyfriend. I put him on speaker since my hands were full of toys due to me cleaning up.

"Hey baby, i'm doing some hero training with your dad today so i'll be over in about ten I love you~," the blond teen says through the phone. "Alright I love you see you then," I spoke to him lovingly and then hung up the phone. I turn around to see my dad resting his body on my door frame, "d-dad!" I stuttered out loud, his stare goes even more deep. "So what's your excuse for that," he says a smile on his face.

"I-I swear it isn't anything," I stuttered even more he began to walk closer, I closed my eyes since I knew what he was about to do. I felt two arms wrap around me, he was giving me a hug? "I don't care if you like boys, just don't keep stuff from us," he replies while walking away. I smiled and thanked him, dad was being strangely really nice today when he's nice that means he's about to tell us some bad news.

But, I decided it would be best for me to just shake it off I went to the bathroom and cleaned my hands. I went down the stairwell and sat down next to my sister. "Hawks is having dinner with us because your father is doing serious training today with him so everyone be please be polite to him," my mother spoke to us sweetly and began placing the steamed dumplings in the middle of the table.