.BURN

Toya
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
It was around eight at night when Keigo and I heard a firm knock on the door, out popped my family with smiling faces. Fuyumi darted towards me with glassy lustrous eyes, she wrapped her arms around my shoulders tenderly making sure to avoid the flesh wound. My shoulder began to grow more and more moist, I heard occasional sniffles she then unhinged herself from my body and she receded back making sure my other family could give me some affection.

Then came in Shoto, his face was usually cold as a stone but it seemed to crack when he saw me in the spotless plain place that had the aura of death. He was always like this maybe due to the trauma or that was just his natural stature. He slowly walked towards me and once he reached to the bed frame that's when his defenses broke. He was very gentle around me, he slightly gripped my shoulders and inhaling deeply. "Don't smell too hard. He smells like hot ass," Keigo replied across the room while standing next to Enji causing a snort erupting from dad's mouth. I then shot a glare at him.

He then slowly pulled away making sure not to hurt me in any way and went to sit down in the chair next to my bed. I looked over to see Natsuo, he was staring at my frail body. But he didn't look me in the eyes, "I'm okay trust me." I smile while extending out my arms motioning him to come towards me, he smiled widely and speed walked towards me. He squeezed me as hard as he could, I will admit it hurt like hell, but seeing him smiling made all the pain absolutely worth it. "Oh I almost forgot!" Fuyumi said abruptly while reaching into her large tote bag. Out came out around twenty little envelopes, "the children in my class knew you were injured and wanted to write you a get well soon cards! They want you to come in one day and tell stories," she chirped out while handing me the envelopes.

I looked up at my sister and tears began to flow down my face the whole family then crowded around the bed waiting for me to read some of the letters. I saw Keigo slightly wobble over to the bed. "Why are you walking like that?" Shoto asked innocently, "oh I- uh well. Just accidentally sat on the arm of the chair," he stuttered out causing Dad to shoot a look at Keigo and I my eyes were then widened. To try and ease the tension I then reached out to Keigo's wings and plucked one of them causing him to curse at me in anger. I then slid the feather under the slit of the message and ripped open the envelope with ease, out came a little white piece of paper.

The handwriting was slightly shakey and it seemed to have slightly moist drops scattered throughout the margin of the paper. The student seemed to be crying and some of tears must of bled through the paper and dried still leaving some of the residue on the pale piece of paper. My turquoise eyes scanned across the paper it was a drawing of Keigo and I together with a little heart in the middle smiling while a note on the side read ; "get well soon and come to the class we all really want to see you!" In bright pink highlighter it was signed by a student named Ryuga. I then noticed a little flower taped it to the corner of the page, I then slowly pulled the tape so I could place the little flower on the desk next to me.

Fuyumi peered over my lap, her eyes then lit up, "ah yes! That's one of my sweetest students Ryuga began to burst out in tears once I told him you got a little "boo boo" and had to go to the hospital." She spoke while placing her petite hand on her heart. "He really is just the little sweetest thing," she spoke while taking her glasses off to wipe her eyes. I then smiled at her and placed my hand on her shoulder, "Keigo and I would absolutely love telling the kiddos some fun stories one day," I giggled out while reaching for Hawks hand while placing my other hand off my younger sister's shoulder.

"So are you and Keigo planning on having children?" Fuyumi spoke while a smile grew ear to ear across her face "I hope so, Keigo and I would always talk about how we would wanted a little family when we grew up," (NO NOT MPREG I SWEAR*flashbacks to the Shinso tiktok*) I replied while staring fondly at the blond man Keigo nodded when I said that. I set the other letters that were in my lap on the desk where the already open letter was. A firm knock was placed outside the door, I was praying it wasn't the same woman from last time.