3.

When we finally made it to the castle, Ron and Hermione were waiting outside for me

"I'll catch you later Draco," I said, pulling away from him and running to my friends.

"The hell are you doing holding hands with Malfoy?" Ron asked as I approached them.
"My father walked with us and I didn't want it to seem suspicious if I declined, so I just went with it," I explained.
"It didn't mean anything."
"Well, it means something to me. What if everyone in this bloody school thinks you're snogging him now?" Ron complained.

I  made sure my dad was gone before throwing my arms around his neck

"Doesn't matter as long as I'm only snogging you." I grinned, leaning in for a kiss.
Ron stepped out of my embrace and I felt my heart sink.
"We better get inside before the feast starts." He said quietly, taking Hermione's arm and dragging her through the door without another word.

As Faye and I settled into our dorm rooms that night, I couldn't stop thinking about the way Ron acted earlier.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Faye asked, plopping down next to me on my bed.
"I think Ron's rather upset with me," I answered, throwing myself back and sighing.
"Draco walked me from the train today since we missed the carriages and Ron refused to kiss me when I saw him. You don't think he's jealous do you?"
"Ron's always jealous, it's nothing new," Faye joked.
"But he knows you love him, there's absolutely no reason for him to doubt that."
"I know, but sometimes I think he'd be happier if he could love me all the time, in public and everything, which is something I simply cannot give him," I complained.

Faye smacked my hand and leaned over so that she was hovering over me.
"Now you stop it right now. If you keep doubting your relationship with him it's only going to make things worse. If he wasn't happy with you then he wouldn't be with you and that's all there is to it." she said.
I gave her a warm smile and tucked a piece of hair behind her ears.
"What would I ever do without you?" I asked.
"Crash and burn probably," she laughed.

After a few more minutes of talking, we were both ready to call it a night, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Faye got up and opened it only to reveal Ron himself, standing there scratching the back of his head.

"Hey Faye, it's good to see you." He said sheepishly.

He had always felt intimidated by her because she threatened him nearly every day of our 4th year- telling him he'd be sorry if he ever broke my heart and things like that.
God knew she meant it too.

"Evening Weasley, might I say you are looking exceptionally well this year. Have you been working out?" She asked, still not letting him in the room.
"Uh, thanks. No, I haven't, I mean besides some quidditch practice over the summer." He replied, his voice sounding hilariously nervous.
"Muscles are a good look on you," Faye said.
"Well don't just stand there, if Professor Snape walks by and sees you we're all toast. Come in, come in." She opened the door wider and motioned for Ron to enter.