18.

A/N: I am so sorry for putting y'all through this again

As we made our way back out of the chambers, we entered a seemingly vacant castle.

"Where is everybody?" Hermione asked, glancing around the ruins of what once was our beloved school.
In the distance somewhere, I could hear the faintest bit of chattering.
"Over here," I said, pushing open the doors of the great hall.

Inside was a terrible sight.

Students and adults alike lied sprawled out on cots, lining up and down the entire room. Some where covered with a sheet, leaving the sickest feeling in my stomach.
Not one of us spoke a word. Instead, we watched people care for each other's injuries in such a calm manor that it almost felt unnatural.
We slowly inched our way in, Ron taking the lead, and tried not to make eye contact with anyone standing nearby.

"Hello Harry," Professor Slughorn called out as we shuffled passed. Harry gave him a slight nod before continuing on beside me.
"Wait," I exclaimed suddenly, grabbing onto his wrist to stop him.
Ahead of us, the entire Weasley family stood circled around a cot as Ron approached them slowly.
With a closer look, I could see the soft pale face of Fred, lying motionless.
"It can't be," I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes.
The sound of George's desperate cries were enough to confirm that this was actually happening and I immediately took off running towards Ron, who was being pulled into a hug by the remaining twin.

Just as George pulled away, Ron let out the most painful shriek and I wrapped myself completely around him from behind. He leaned forward onto the body of his beloved brother and cried so hard he shook. I held back my own sobs as I slowly pulled him to the ground with me, rocking him gently as he sobbed into the sleeve of my shirt.
"Shh, it's okay," I cooed, holding him tightly in my lap.
Ginny placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see that her eyes were puffy and stained with fresh tears.
"I'm so sorry," I cried, my voice cracking.
I couldn't bare to turn my head any farther in fear that I would be face-to-face with Fred's lifeless eyes; ones that once shined so bright they'd light the whole room.
"You're brother was so good Ron, he loved you," I whispered gently into my boyfriend's ear.

From the corner of my eye I could see Harry and Hermione inching closer, trembling with grief just the same as the rest of us.

"No," I heard Harry gasp.
I adjusted myself to see what he was looking at but quickly regretted it.
On two other cots nearby were our dear Professor Lupin, one of Harry's most influential father figures, and his beautiful wife, Nymphadora, lying next to each other completely still with their fingertips barely touching.

"It's not fair!" I bawled, gripping onto Ron even tighter and letting my own tears fall down into his hair.
Without another word, Harry turned and stormed out of the room.
"If you want to talk to him, I'll take care of Ron," Hermione suggested hesitantly, kneeling down next to us.
I gave her a sad half smile and helped move Ron, who was still crying uncontrollably, over to her lap.
"Thanks 'mione," I sighed.
"And here's a well needed reminder that I love you, arguments and all."
"I love you too," she smiled.