9.

We sat on the floor in silence for a minute, both crying as quietly as we could

When the death eaters had finally left the tower, I stood and felt Harry's hands immediately grasp around my shoulders.

"Did you know that your father and Draco were fucking death eaters?!" He yelled through tears.
I stared wide-eyed for a minute, too scared to give him an answer.

The entire scene was still fresh in my mind, and I couldn't get what my father said to me out of my head.

"make good choices,"

As if I was the one who needed the reminder.

"Eleanor answer me!" Harry yelled again.
"I thought he'd make the right decision!" I shot back, trying to conceal my own tears.
"I knew, yes, but deep down I thought he'd eventually do the right thing, for me at least. I didn't think he was a murderer." I whispered.

Instead of answering, Harry's face softened as he looked me in the eyes.
Without warning, he quickly leaned in and kissed me, desperately, like it was the last moment of his life.
I couldn't bring myself to kiss him back, so he pulled away slowly.
"I'm sorry," He apologized, rubbing his hands up and down my arms.
"It's not that I don't think very highly of you, it's just that I love Ron. Even if he's gone, even if he isn't mine, I'm still his, and I'm still in love with him." I replied.
"Don't worry Elle, I know that. Honestly, I don't think I actually feel that way about you. For a while, the idea did occur to me but kissing you just now felt like kissing a sister. I just didn't want you to think I hated you for this, and it was the first place my mind went. Curse of being a teenage boy I suppose."

I laughed and pulled him in for a hug.
"He can't get away with this," I whispered in his ear after a moment of silence fell between us.
Harry removed himself from my embrace and held up his wand.
"Trust me, he won't."

He took my hand and dragged me out of the tower.
We followed the death eaters all the way to Hagrid's place, and I prepared myself for the worst confrontation of my life.

I felt no love for my own father anymore, and although guilt flooded every part of my brain, it was drowned out by the anger. Nothing was keeping me attached to him anymore, and I decided that if it came down to it and Harry tried to kill my father, I wouldn't even bother to stop him.

I hated myself for that.

"In front of your own daughter are you sick?! She trusted you! Dumbledore trusted you and you betrayed him! We all trusted you, Snape!" Harry screamed as we approached the group currently settling Hagrid's little hut ablaze.

"Incarcerous!"

Harry shot the spell directly at my father with an arm outstretched in front of me, but he took no time quickly deflecting it.

"Fight back you coward! Fight back!" Harry screamed.

Bellatrix turned away from the massive fire and shot a spell at him, knocking him on his ass.