6.

A/N: You might wanna get your sad playlists out for this one. Hope you enjoy though <3

After Ron was released from the hospital wing, I made an effort to avoid him

I didn't want to start yet another fight, but I couldn't get the sound of his voice calling Hermione's name out of my head.
Deep down I knew it probably meant nothing, but the truth was that I'm insecure, and this only added to the reality that Ron could find someone better with no effort.
What made it worse was that he remembered none of it, and we all made a pact to keep it to ourselves. I never agreed, but I also never disagreed, which was why I needed to avoid him so badly.

I sat in my transfigurations class and stared out the window, bored with taking notes and too wrapped up in my thoughts to even pay attention at all.
"Psst," Blaine whispered from the seat next to me.
This was the only class I had that Ron and his friends weren't in, so I sat with Blaise by default.
"What?" I whispered back, keeping my eye on McGonagall to see if she looked over.
"Draco, Pansy, and I are going to Hogsmeade later, wanna join?" he asked.
I hesitated for a moment.
Things were still a little tense between me and Draco, but I had to admit that I was desperate to get my mind off of Ron.
"Sure," I finally responded.
"Brilliant, meet us in the common room after your last class and we'll head over."
"Are they okay with me tagging along?" I asked.
"Pansy whined about it a little but I don't really care what she says. Draco's the one who told me to ask you." He said, keeping his head low as McGonagall walked by our desks.
"As long as I'm not imposing,"
I pretended to scribble something on my parchment.
"Never." Blaise smiled at me and went back to taking his notes.

After all my classes were over, I stood in the Slytherin common room and waited patiently for the others to arrive.

"Hey, Elle,"
Draco was the first one to arrive, his eyes dark and sunken.
"You look like you need a nap," I joked, giving him a quick hug as Pansy and Blaise followed in after.
"Been studying a lot lately, that's all," he replied.
"You guys ready to go?" Pansy asked, linking arms with Draco.
"Lead the way," Blaise answered, motioning towards the doorway.

We arrived at Hogsmeade just in time for it to start snowing lightly, the little white flakes dancing in the air surrounding us.

Pansy was draped over Draco, causing him to wear an annoyed expression.
"Poor girl," Blaise said quietly, leaning into me.
"He's already fallen for someone else."
I smiled and pretended to be oblivious as I watched Draco try and keep our other friend from touching his hair some more.
"Who wants butterbeer?" He asked, finally getting Pansy to stand more than 3 inches from him.
"Sounds fantastic," I threw an arm around Blaise's shoulder and we all changed course towards the Three Broomsticks.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione sat at a table close to the center, catching my eye as soon as we walked in. I kept my head low and prayed they wouldn't see me, as I had yet to speak to Ron.