4.

"You told Malfoy WHAT?" Faye practically screamed as we entered our potions class, earning a look from surrounding students

"Shut up will you, it's bad enough as it is, don't need to go shouting it to the entire school," I pushed her into the classroom and looked to see if anyone was still staring.
"Well you've really bet your luck this time," she said, taking her usual seat next to Luna.
"Stop reminding me," I took mine, which was across the aisle from her.

"Hey Elle," Harry said, sliding in next to me.
"What are you doing? that's Ron's seat," I pointed out.
"Yes well, Ron has decided to sit with his girlfriend today."
Harry motioned his head towards the back of the class, where Hermione and Ron sat.
"Oh," I sighed.
"Right."
"Don't look so glum Eleanor, he's only doing what you told him." Faye pointed out.
I nodded and turned my attention to the front of the class as Professor Slughorn, a new yet also old teacher, slowly entered.
"Good morning students, please gather around." His cheery voice boomed over everyone else.
We all stood up and circled him
in the front of the room.
"I prepared some concoctions this morning, any ideas what these might be?" He asked, motioning to the cauldrons in front of us.

Hermione's hand was the first one to fly up.

"Yes, Mrs. Granger?" Slughorn moved so she could step forward.
"That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum, and that one there is polyjuice potion, it's terribly tricky to make." Hermione motioned to the two different pots.

Before she could continue, I took a step out myself.
"And this one is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." I leaned in closer to reddish smoke and closed my eyes.
"For example, I smell freshly mowed grass, new parchment, and Spearmint toothpaste," I said confidently.

Ron smiled at me from the other side of the room, and I smiled back.
It was hard not being around him, and all I wanted in that very moment was to smell his scent for real.

Behind him, Draco was frowning at me.
We made eye contact for a moment and he rolled his own as Slughorn carried on with the lesson.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one?" Another student said, causing Slughorn to pick up a tiny vile.
"Ah yes, what you see before you, ladies
and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-"
"liquid luck," Hermione interrupted.
"Yes Mrs. Granger," The professor smiled at her and continued.
"Desperately tricky to make. Disastrous should you get it wrong, but brewed correctly, as this has been, it has remarkable powers. One sip and you will find that all your endeavors succeed... at least" he carried on.
"So. This is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck, to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipe for which can be found on page ten of your textbook."

I took my seat next to Harry and attempted to focus on the potion, but my mind kept wandering to Ron.

When class ended, Harry had ended up being the one to win the liquid luck, which nearly caused Hermione to tear him apart.
"Blimey Hermione, he's taking your spot as best in the class." Ron joked, throwing his arm around her.
I held my breath and began walking quicker, desperate to escape them.
"It's all because of that damn book!" I heard Hermione yell, attempting to snatch it out of Harry's hands.
The three of them play fought in the hallway as I continued, frustrated and severely pissed off.