12.

A/N: I changed the dress since so many of y'all bullied it 😐

"Elleee," Ginny called out my name in a sing-song voice.
I sleepily rubbed my eyes open and glanced around the room.
Sunlight was pouring in from the open window, casting a golden glow across the wooden floor as Ginny stood by her bed, folding laundry.
It was the morning, and I could hear the rustling of the rest of the family from all over the house; pots clashing, doors closing, Mr. Weasley yelling at Fred, and different voices dancing around in the warm air below me.

"It's the wedding day isn't it?" I asked, still barely awake.
"Indeed it is, which means you better get up and start getting ready, we've got 2 hours till guests arrive," she replied.
"Brilliant."
I rolled over and sat up, stretching my arms over my head and yawning.
"You've still got a dress I can borrow right?" I asked, remembering that I did not know about this wedding when I moved in, meaning I didn't bring along any nice clothes.
"Actually, I have a surprise," she answered, walking over to open up the bedroom door.
"Mum! Elle wants to know about a dress!" She called down the stairs.
Suddenly, Mrs. Weasley came jogging up with a huge grin on her face.
"Ah yes, a beautiful dress for a beautiful girl," She said, sitting down next to me on my bed.
I noticed she had a large bag in her hand, and I instantly felt a sting of guilt. I prayed that she hadn't gone out of her way to buy me anything, because truly I would have been fine with something of Ginny's.

"Now I know that you know that Weasley's don't have money out the ears, but I thought it'd be nice if I made you a little something, as a bit of a welcome to the family," she said, reaching down into the bag.
Out of it, she pulled the most elegant black dress I had ever seen . It had a straight open collar with white puffy sleeves , and looked like it would come just halfway to my thighs. It was extremely simple, but it was beautiful and I could tell she had put a lot of effort into it.

 It was extremely simple, but it was beautiful and I could tell she had put a lot of effort into it

"Mum, it's amazing. Thank you," I cried, tackling her into a hug.
"Don't even fret over it dear, just remember how much you liked it when yours and Ron's wedding comes around because I'll for sure be making that dress too," She laughed, hinting at her son and I's romance.
I smiled awkwardly and continued admiring the gown.
"Well mum, I'm sure there's plenty for you to do downstairs, and Elle and I here need to get ready," Ginny cut in.
"Alright alright, say no more."
Mrs. Weasley tossed her hands up in the air and rose from the bed, giving the two of us one last smile before heading back downstairs.