Tragedy

"Hello, Ms. Armstrong, This is Dr. Gain from Mercy Hospital, I have your dad here in ICU. We need you to come and sign some papers." He said over the phone.

 "OMG, What happen to my father," I yelled over the phone.

 " We will explain everything when you get Ms. Armstrong, see you soon. Dr. Gain replied.

 "Okay. I'll be there in thirty minutes." I responded. D and I were at the house eating dinner.

When I got the call about my father. God, I loved my father I just couldn't deal with the habit he had. Which drove me away from my father. 

"What's wrong, Renay" D yelled up the stairs. After I hung up the phone I bolted up the stairs to put on some clothes.

 "My father's in the hospital," I yelled back with tears streaming down my face.

 "Well, Okay I drive," D replied. D drove like a bat out of hell to Mercy hospital. We were there in fifteen minutes.

I ran to the emergency window. "I'm looking for Van Armstrong," Renay told the lady behind the desk.

 " Room 34" the nurse responds. We were let behind the door. I walked in the room. 

"Hello" Dr. Gain welcomes us. 

" Hi, can tell me what happened to my father," Renay asked the doctor.

 ''Yes, your father is suffering from a coma and 1st-degree burn." Dr, Gain explained to us. I collapsed but D caught me, I started to cry instantly. 

" I'm sorry, Ms. Armstrong I give you some time." Dr.Gain left the room. 

"It's gonna be okay, baby girl." D embraced me while I stare at dad. He hooked up to a machine to help him breathe. He looks so lifeless, his hair has turned gray and has a worried expression on his face. 

Knock! Knock!. "Come in," Renay shouted.

 "Hello, Ms. Armstrong, I'm  Detective Carl Edwards and my partner Julie Williams. We have been assigned to your father case." Det. Edwards reached it out  his hand.

 "So, why are you guys here, there's more to my dad's state of being," I ask as she shook his hand.

"Yes, we believe your dad was targeted, he was knocked out before the fire started. There was Kerosene spread throughout the living room where we found your dad." Det. Williams answered. I couldn't even respond to the terrible news I just went and looked at my father, all bruised and discolored. 

 "Well, its good news we found him just before he was burned to death. Due to the call of your next door neighbour." Edwards added.  I sightly nodded and turned away and sat down. "We'll start asking questioning in the neighborhood tomorrow," Edwards reassured

 "Renay, could we have your number so we can call you later with any news," Williams informed us. They both left and asked us to come to the station tomorrow to clear D and I as suspects.

******

"Renay, We got some news on the suspect, can you come to the station today. " Det. Williams said. " I'll be over in a couple of minutes. 

I'm at the hospital, today they took the breathing machine off my dad, he was able to breathe on his own. I guess that was a good sign, but he still in a coma. I've been up here since yesterday now its five o'clock in the afternoon. I called D to come pick me up. While I went to the bathroom to freshen my makeup and put some mouthwash in my mouth. As I was finishing up D called and he was outside. We arrive at the station in forty minutes. 

"Hello, Ms. Armstrong." Williams welcomes us to a room with a table, four chairs, and a two-way window.

"Let's get right to it. We have a person who gave us some details of the person she saw leaving your fathers house right before the explosion happened." Williams told us with a smile. 

"It was a male about 5'9, black hair she thinks he might have been Hispanic." Edwards read from his notes. My nose flared, I got up and ran out of the station with D right behind me.