10

𝐿𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑠

The feeling of the lukewarm water dripping down her face like a flowing river  gave her some comfort about today

The feeling of the lukewarm water dripping down her face like a flowing river gave her some comfort about today. Just a couple of splashed made her feel warm and calm, not to mention it somewhat eased the bruise on her left cheek. Even though it was a slap it still stung, Lilly always bruised easily, she was guessing it was genetics.

After Lilly turned off the water on the running sink in the bathroom she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked tired, today wasn't the best day considering what happened that afternoon. But Lenora made sure to comfort and cheer her up before she went back with her father.

Lilly had to take a shower as Emma's place since the yolk and flour had been on her for so long it began to get a bit sticky. The girls even had to help her get all of it out of her hair. Arvin still had to get some bits off her face, neck and hands, he didn't mind though.

Turning off the light in the bathroom Lilly walked out into the hallway, the wooden floor creaking slightly with every step. The house was so quiet, not to mention very dark, it reminded her of a horror movie. Her dad and stepmom were already asleep, so it was Lilly's turn to finally catch her 7 hours of rest. Well now it was more like 5.

As she entered the room she made sure to closed the door behind her, but she kept her actions soft an quiet. The only light that was on was her little lamp, she didn't like sleeping in the the dark, it reminded her of being in the shed. She definitely didn't want those memories flooding back, especially when she was about to get some rest.

Already in her blue baby doll pajamas she moved the cover and adjusted her pillow before she laid down. Once her body fell onto the mattress she let out a sigh of content, her eyes staring straight up into the ceiling. A yawn escaped her mouth not to long after she rolled on her side snuggling into the warm blanket that secured her.

With her eyes now closed she was ready for a new day tomorrow, hopefully better than the one she had today. 'Clank' Lilly heard making her eyes pop right open. She looked around seeing nothing that would make such a noise, that never happened before. Then again 'clank' followed my another.

Now she knew where it was coming from, the window. "What in the world..." Lilly told herself as she got out of bed to see what exactly was going on. Without a care she slid the window open and looked down. "Arvin? What are you doing here?" She whisper shouted at the boy who looked up at her from a far.

"Come down here." He said with a short and quick gesture. "For what?" She asked very quickly, Arvin would barley hear her but thankfully he could make out what she was saying "just come down here." He repeated again not wanting to be too loud. Anyone's dad would find this suspicious, especially the preacher.

Now her curiosity was peaked, so she quickly put on her shoes and almost ran downstairs. But she remembered her parents were sleeping not too far away so she slowed down her actions. Finally at the front door she opened it, her whole body shuttering when she heard a creak, but still she proceeded.