54

𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑊𝑎𝑛𝑡

"How was it?" Emma asked with excitement, of course she was in the kitchen tidying up a bit

"How was it?" Emma asked with excitement, of course she was in the kitchen tidying up a bit. "It was good considering Lenora got prom Queen." Lilly told her with excitement making Emma rush out to the living room. A smile took over her face, very proud of her granddaughter for achieving her goal. "Oh look at you, my sweet girl." She said going over to give Lenora giving her a big hug, her crown on and everything, it sure was a sight to see. "I'm so proud of you." The only lady told her cupping her soft face with her wrinkling hands. "Thanks grandma, it was Lilly too." Lenora reminded looking over at her friend.

Lilly just shook her head and looked around "oh no, it wasn't me. It was all Lenora." She told them with a small laugh feeling Arvin's hand rest in her shoulders. "Well I'm glad you two had fun." Emma said with a smile. "Why are you so quiet, boy?" The lady asked giving Arvin a playful glare making him smile like a little boy. To answer the question he shrugged his shoulders, he was experiencing a mix of feelings. He was a bit mad because of Gene, sad thinking about what he said, absolutely happy because he was with his Lilly, and eager to spend some time with her. "Are you two going anywhere special?" Emma asked teasingly.

Arvin and Lilly answered in unison, but both very different answer. "No." Lilly told her with a smile while Arvin said "yes." Making Emma chuckle as the two looked at each other, Lilly's face filled with confusion. "We're gonna go drive around for a while, maybe get some snacks..." he told his grandmother with a small smile. "We are?" Lilly asked with a smile looking up at him, maybe he lied about the snack part but that wasn't important right now. "Mmhm, which is why we should get going so I don't drop you off at home too late." He said leading her to the front door waving at Lenora and Emma.

"I was promised snacks Russell." Lilly said jokingly watching him as he walked around the grassy area to sit next to her. Letting out a small chuckle he put his suit jacket around her, Lilly couldn't help but feel like she was in a movie. "I maybe lied about the snack part. Sorry." Arvin confessed looking down seeing that she had taken off the gloves that matched with her dress. The body of water that was right in front of them reflected the dark night sky perfectly, instead of looking up she just starred at the lake Arvin and her had swam in way back before they even shared their first kiss.

"That's alright." She said sweetly intertwining her fingers with his making his heart skip a beat or two almost immediately. "So why'd you want to leave so early?" She asked with concern laying her head on his shoulder. Too scared to tell her, he shook his head from side to side and looked down. "I told you I just wanted to be alone with you tonight." That was the truth but there was a bit more too it, the conversation with Gene only made him want to be with her more. "You looked mad when you came back. What happened?" Lilly questioned knowing something was bothering him. Still he shook his head not wanting to get into it.

"I was talking with Gene, like an actual civilized conversation and he said some pretty stupid things." He told her after a while of being silent. "What'd he tell you?" Her head moved off of his shoulder to look at him. "Just dumb shit, I know I shouldn't listen to him and I know it's not true but I still think about it." His voice was as soft as ever, maybe even a bit shaken up. "He said that we're most likely not gonna be together, I know that's not true. At least I hope that doesn't happen. So I wanted to leave early just to be alone with you and just remember this." Arvin told her truthfully looking down at her.