19

𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑘𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑘𝑒

Monday Lilly didn't show up to school, after her and her father prayed on Saturday he said he felt bad and took her and Mildred out to have lunch instead of her attending school

Monday Lilly didn't show up to school, after her and her father prayed on Saturday he said he felt bad and took her and Mildred out to have lunch instead of her attending school. Lilly knew he didn't feel bad, he never felt bad for anything. It was just another one of his acts that he liked to put on just to mess with people. Her daddy was a no good preacher, but he could made a mighty fine actor.

Both Lenora and Arvin were a bit surprised at her absence, she's never been absent ever this year. Sometimes she would show up late missing the first 3 periods, Arvin hoped that was the case but it wasn't. He was a bit worried to say the least but tried to keep his mind occupied as much as possible.

Today she did in fact show up, she couldn't miss another day. "I took some notes for you." Lenora said as she reached into her bad, handing her about four papers. "Thanks Lenora." What would Lilly do without her? She always had something in handy whenever anybody needed it. "No problem. Where were you?" Lenora questioned, the two walking to their lockers.

"My daddy let me stay home. He felt bad about what happened. So I guess I took the opportunity to take the day off." She informed, even if she knew her dad intentions weren't that great she wasn't going to miss a chance to stay home. "Where's Arvin?" She asked looking around. "I have no idea...he's here but I don't know what he's doing." Arvin had walked Lenora to her locker and just left telling her he had something to do. "Oh..." the girl said a little disappointed, she really wanted to see him today.

"Don't look now, Dinwoodie nine o'clock." Lenora mumbled under her breath as Lilly opened her locker door. The girl closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "Please don't talk to me." She whispered repeatedly. "Where the hell were you yesterday?" He asked as he slammed her locker shut. Lilly wasn't phased my this as she just opened it again.

Lilly looked up at him and glared "are you an idiot?" Maybe she was getting a little too confident right now, and confident never did do her good. "You got me in trouble yesterday, and all the things you did last week. The deals off Dinwoodie, sorry."

"What why?" He whispered in a panic, as if she didn't just tell him everything that he did. "I just told you...and I'm with Arvin now so I mean I can't really be seeing you. He doesn't like you obviously and neither do I." The girl explained slowly as she got her books out. Just as he was about to talk, Lenora and Lilly were saved by the bell. "Looks like we gotta go, hope everything works out with your girlfriend though." Quickly Lilly took Lenora and rushed down the hall. "He's really mad..." she said as they walked away "yeah I know, just keep on walking before he fucking explodes." She responded rushing to get to class.

Each class was as boring as the next, Lilly was counting on lunch to cheer her up a bit. Hopefully she would get to see Arvin. Right now she was just fine hanging out with Lenora. "You're not hungry?" Lenora asked as the two sat down at the lunch table. "I'll eat at home. The food here freaks me out." Lilly said with a laugh as she finished up some work in her notebook.

"I saw Arvin in the halls in transition. He was asking about you." Lenora informed as she took a bite of her broccoli. "He just asked me if you were here today. I guess he didn't see you in the halls." Her friend added. "Can you come over after school?" Lenora questioned "hmm I don't know. My daddy is still pretty upset about what happened."

"Hey Lilly?" A small tap on her shoulders made the girl turn around, resulting in a curious Lenora to do so too. Without even getting a word out, some type of liquid splashed in her face. Going in her hair, on her clothes and some splashing on Lenoras skirt as well but only little specs.

Then the cafeteria went silent when everyone witnessed Gene throw a strawberry milkshake on her. Some just sat there in shock, others hid their giggles. Now Lilly was regretting giving Gene a confident attitude, she should've known that he would do something like this. "I hope everything goes well with the sister fucker, whore." He said lowly putting the now empty cup on the lunch table and walked out.

Slowly Lilly got up and brought her hands to her face so she could wipe the shake away from her eyes. "Are you okay..." Lenora asked with nervousness "...I'm gonna go to the restroom." She said and walked to the exit, parts of the milkshake dripping on the floor. Some people watched as she did so and others tried their best not to look.

Lenora got up and ran to the office, not caring about her belongings that were still at the table. "May I use the phone to call home?" She asked in a rush. The lady in the front gave a gesture to go on right ahead. Her plan was to call her grandmother and tell her to call Preston to pick up his daughter.

"Emma Russell." Her grandmother answered on the other line "it's Lenora. Something happened at school with Lilly and I think Preston should really pick her up." She explained seeing Arvin walking up to her with a confused look on his face wondering why she was on the phone. "Oh Lord. What happened now?" She asked with worry. "A boy being a tease, he threw a milkshake all over her." Lenora informed "alright, I'll call Mr. Teagardin."

"What was that all that about?" Arvin asked Lenora as soon as she hung up. He wondered why Lilly wasn't with his sister. "Dinwoodie just gave Lilly a whole Strawberry shake right in the face in the cafeteria." Lenora informed with a roll of her eyes. Arvin crossed his arms and let his tongue slide over his teeth trying to calm his anger. "Where is he?" Lenora wished she knew the answer to that question.

Arvin took it upon himself to find him, it wasn't that hard. The boy was just having a smoke outside. Arvin opened the front entrance and quickly walked down the steps making his way with a glare in his eye. Gene threw his cigarette on the floor expecting for Arvin to make yet another threat.

"Piece of shit." Arvin said before punching him right in the face. He punched him hard enough to make Arvin almost loose his balance after the swing. Gene fell to the floor and let out a groan still trying to process what happened. But Arvin still wasn't finished with him. Already out of breath from the sheer adrenaline he kicked him multiple times in the ribs.

Now Arvin straddled the already hurt Gene and sent punches left and right, his fists aching in the process but he wasn't worried about that right now. "Hey man leave him alone he's already down." One guy said as he ran up to him. He didn't know who they were but the beating looked pretty brutal.

Arvin wrapped his hands around Genes throat giving it a tight squeeze but he didn't apply that much pressure. "If you bother, talk to, or so much as look at Lenora or my girl ever again...I'll kill you. Do you understand me?" Arvin said with adrenaline still pumping. Out of breath and in pain Gene gave a couple on nods. Then boy got back on his feet looking down that Gene before hurrying to the side of the school.

Now leaning against the wall Arvin held his fist that stung. Bruises already started to form on his knuckles. "Fuck." He cursed under his breath as he held one of his fists in his chest. To try and handle the pain he breathed in and out slowly. His whole body shook as his heart was still racing. He was glad he did that, served him right for picking on his sister and his girlfriend.

Arvin didn't really know if she was his girlfriend, obviously she liked him. He could see that. He didn't want to ask about it. It seemed kinda obvious at this point  considering that they kissed, made out in his car and he just literally kicked the shit out of some guy for her, it was safe to say that she was his girl.

A/N:

There is gonna be smut in the next chapter😳 so be ready for that. I already have it written but I decided to post them separately JSHDKEBD

Sorry if this is short or boring but thanks for reading✨🧍🏻‍♀️