53

𝑆𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝐷𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

What color is your hair?

My natural hair is brown but rn it's black bc I wanna be an anime bitch😍✨

The whole room fell silent for a short while surprised to hear that name but nonetheless Lilly clapped resulting in other people beginning to clap as well. Before they knew it all the students started clapping as Lenora was rewarded the crown. "Oh my god you suck so bad Alora!" Lilly shouted making Arvin laugh. Alora didn't hear her but could easily read her lips from across the room resulting her to stomp her foot like a child. Out of anger she grabbed the microphone and looked around at everyone. "Guys it's obvious that they cheated okay? Lenora and her little girlfriend cheated, she doesn't even deserve it. I mean I worked very hard for this and Lenora suddenly decided to join in because of Lilly Teagardin. I'm pretty sure she fucked it up!" Alora whined into the microphone.

"Gene knows that they messed it up, ain't that right babe?" She asked but he crossed his arms deciding to sit this one out. Having enough of this behavior the school counselor went up and tried to grab the microphone resulting in them tugging and pulling for quite sometime before it was finally in hands of authority. "Umm please give it up for your homecoming king and queen. Which by the way won fair and square." The lady reminded "now we will continue with our traditional king and queen dance." She said with a smile. Lilly shook her head "nope, no way. That greaseball ain't touching our Lenora." It was obvious she was fired up at her friends victory.

To late for that, Gene already made up his mind. "Yeah I'm not dancing with you." He told Lenora "it's just one dance, you don't have to be a big baby about it." She said back with a roll of her eyes not wanting to be left alone on the dance floor. Not really caring about what she had to say he walked away too embarrassed to be seen dancing with Lenora in front of the whole school. Now seeing Gene leaving her at the dance floor Lilly began to panic. "Wait he actually left." She said with disappointment seeing that she was now alone. "This is not good." Jamie commented not knowing what to do.

Without a word Lilly got up and began to walk away from the table "Russell what is your girlfriend doing?" Veronica asked with concern but he hadn't been paying much attention so he was just as confused. "I have no idea..." he said looking around to get a better look at what she was up to but by the looks of it, it seemed like she was walking to the dance floor. Other people were just as confused as Veronica was, still they just remained silent and watched while the music started to play. "Lilly what are you doing?" Lenora asked looking around in a panic. "I'm gonna dance with you...." Lilly answered grabbing her hand and placing the other on her waist.

In the small town of Coal Creek, you never saw two girls dancing together so this was very confusing. "You don't have to, people are gonna talk you know." She said with a scared voice. "Well we're already dancing so..." Lilly told her since there was no going back now. "Plus who cares, it's not the first time this school has talked about us. They're just stupid, no need to pay any attention." It was a constant thing with the school, always having someone or something to gossip about every week, Lilly had a feeling this was the thing they were going to talk about. "I'm so sorry if people start making fun of you for this." Lenora apologized as the two gently moved to the music. "It's okay, besides I'm dancing with the homecoming queen. It's like dancing with the queen of England but you know...not really." She told her managing to make her laugh.