Me

To: Dr. Jenner and Wife
From: Melody Jenner
"Hey mom, dad. How's it going? Haven't heard from you since my aunt, brother, and I moved. Thought I would send mail cause I know you like mail. We just wanted to say hello, and love you. We hope you can visit soon:3
Love ya bunches!
Melody, Zach, Cassandra"
I sat and looked at the note from my daughter from about a year ago. I doubt she's still alive. She was so kind, gentle, easy going. She loved gross stuff, like zombies though. A single tear ran down my face. "Hey!? Hello?!" I seen a sheriff and a big group with him, banging at the door. the camera moved. "Let's go, Rick!" Yelled a man. "I SEEN IT MOVE!" Yelled the officer. "I know your in there! Let us in! We have a family, kids with us. You can't just let us die out there! Please!" I opened the door. They all walked in. "What do you want?" "A chance" he said, once the doors were closed. "That's an awful lot to ask for, these days." "I know. But it's worth a shot" "fine. But once those doors close, they will not open again, so go get your stuff. Two ran out to get the stuff. They came back in, and I locked the doors. I showed them their rooms. "Go easy on the hot water" I said, walking off. "And kids, no video games." I said, going in the other room. I prepared dinner. Everyone sat down. "Melody?" The girl looked up. "Dad?!" We hugged. "Who's that?" I asked, looking at the boy. "Carl" "her booooyfriiiiend!" Yelled the redneck. i glared at him. "We need to have a talk, boy" I said. He looked down. Everyone laughed. Carl and I were puzzled.
-
4 months later, Melody's perspective
Dad blew up, along with the CDC. I couldn't believe it. I was the last Jenner. We found a prison, carl still my boyfriend. I was snapped out of my thoughts. "Heeey Mel. Dad wants you at the gates." "Yeah, okay" "be careful" he said. "Aren't I always?" He smirked. "I guess" I walked off giggling. I walked down to the gates. They were overflowing. The gates came smashing down, me, getting bit on the neck. Next thing I know, all the walkers are down. Carl ran over to me, and started to bawl over me. "Guess I wasn't careful enough" I said, weak smile. "Guess not" we said, really weak smiles. "I love you, Melody Jenner." "Carl, I...you shouldn't get attached to something your gonna loose" I said. "Your worth it" "carl, your strong. Your gonna beat this world. Your way too good for me. You can do better." He looked down at me with disappointment. "But Carl, I love you too. But your gonna move on. Promise me one thing." "Anything" "keep yourself happy" "I don't know...." "It's okay to cry, be sad, but no major depression spell. Understand?" "Understood" I smiled. My eyes were shutting, but I made them stay open. "I love you carl." They shut, this time, forever, leaving the Jenner past forever hidden.