You're the lucky one

There was nothing but darkness.  

Like a liquid, Marinette felt herself sinking into the depths. 

Breathe. There's no air. Breathe. 

Her body seemed paralyzed...unable to move...all she could do was sink. 

A hand reached down into the surface and pulled her up by the arm. In a matter of seconds, she was pulled above the black water, and was now surrounded by a dark sky and empty environment. Where was she? Where was Adrien?

"Told you I'd save you," Risetto said. The black water was now only ankle deep. How did its depth change? 

"Where did you take me?" she shouted. 

"Marinette," his voice echoed. 

Her hands frantically brushed over her face and body, as she realized her disguise was gone and she was in her normal clothes. How? She didn't remember changing. 

Worst of all, her identity was revealed! Did that mean Hawk Moth knew, since this was one of his akumatizd villains?

"How did you- what did you...," no words came. 

"Marinette. Hawk Moth doesn't know. I'm blocking him out of my mind." 

She shook her head, confused. 

"What do you want then?" 

He waded through the liquid until he was a few feet from her. She squinted, wishing she could rip his mask off and look him in the eyes. 

"It's simple, really. I want your Miraculous." 

"To give to Hawk Moth?" 

"Who else?" His voice was saturated with sarcasm. 

"Then why aren't you showing him my identity?" 

"I might. Depends if you're a good girl and behave." 

"I'm not giving it up," she grasped her earrings. 

"Relax, it's not like I'm going to rip them out of your ears. I'm not heartless." 

"I won't do it. Even if I have to fight you." 

"Listen. There's not much of a choice. Reason number one, your Miraculous is dead and will always be so unless there is a new holder. Reason number two, you can avoid a terrible future for Adrien if you give it to me." 

Her mind was spinning and she felt overwhelmed with his words. 

Wait...did he just say Adrien? He also knows Cat Noir is Adrien?

"Yes. I do. I know who you and Cat Noir are. My akumatized power allows me." 

"You can read my thoughts too?" She panicked, turning red.  

"Yeah, so there's no point in lying. Everything you think, I see." 

Her focus was distracted by faded lights that seemed to be growing larger on the horizon. Was it coming towards them? Muffled sounds were appearing... the sound of someone crying...laughing...screaming. The voices were all around around her. Male and female voices. Kind and cruel words. Why did it feel so personal...so familiar?

"Confused?" Resitto chuckled. 

"Where are we?" 

"Your mind. Isn't it obvious?" 

"That's...that's not possible." 

"You never asked what my power was. So, how could you know?"