All this time it was you (The Reveal pt 1)

"No, no, no!" Ladybug panicked. "What's happening?"

"That must be what the bolts do...de-power our miraculous," his eyes were locked her hand, following the slow de-transformation up her arm.

"For how long?" She felt blood draining from her face.

"I don't know."

She buried her head in her hands, "No, no. Please no. I can't believe this happened."

"Hey, it's going to be okay, M'lady," His voice was smooth and reassuring.

Now her casual clothes on her left arm were revealed and spreading to her shoulders. She felt frustrated as he seemed to feel no need to look away. He wasn't supposed to know who she was.

"Stop looking, Cat! Close your eyes!" She commanded.

"Even if I close my eyes right, I'm going to end up seeing you at some point."

"Please, don't."

He hesitated and for a moment she caught of glimpse of the civil war raging inside him. He wanted to know so badly. Everything in his demeanor, his body, and his eyes appeared conflicted.

"Please. Close your eyes."

He nodded slowly and obeyed.

"Thank you."

The de-transformation was completed and she was now Marinette. But where was Tiki? Every time she de-transformed, Tiki would pop out of her miraculous.

She waited for a few moments before being overtaken with panic, "Tiki isn't coming out!"

"Really? Interesting," His voice showed no sign of concern.

"What if she's hurt or lost or stuck or dea-"

"Ladybug!" His was stern, "Tiki is fine. Remember, Hawk Moth has no interest in hurting her. If he doesn't have Tiki, your miraculous is useless."

She took a deep breathe and felt a little comforted.

"He has no incentive to hurt her. I bet Tiki is still inside because the miraculous has been temporarily shut down. She's safe."

"Tiki, spots on!" Marinette interrupted.

Nothing. She was still Marinette. Her miraculous really was out of power.

Her mind was spinning with thoughts. If she couldn't become Ladybug, then their chances of escaping this phone booth were slim. The villain would find them and have the advantage of power. But she knew they also couldn't stay. It would only be a matter of time before they were discovered.

It was dependent on Cat Noir's ability to get them to shelter so they could come up with a better plan in a safer location. But Cat Noir couldn't do a thing with his eyes closed. He needed to open them...which only meant one thing. That he would finally know who she was.

No. She couldn't allow that. Master Fu would say...wait, he was no longer there. Ladybug had the authority to control who knew. She was the miraculous box holder. Her decisions were law. 

The bolts were growing more distant...which meant a possibility for their escape.

She stared at Cat Noir – his eyes were sealed shut. It was time for him to know... but she was terrified. Would he still love her as Marinette? If she could barely like herself, how could he?

I let you go. You won't love me when you open your eyes. When you see that Ladybug is actually an insignificant girl with no friends. All your dreams of her will be tainted with the truth. For that, I'm sorry Kitty. 

"You can open your eyes soon. But first-"

She impulsively grabbed his shoulders, jerked him forward, and pressed her lips against his. It was sloppy and loose. Worst of all, he didn't even respond to her failed kiss.

Now she felt awkward, instantly releasing her grip. His eyes were still closed, but his mouth was wearing a slight frown. She felt as if she was going to die of humiliation. This was the first time she had truly kissed him.

She didn't dare speak and he didn't open his eyes.

Silence. Only the sound of their heavy breath could be heard.

"Sorry," She finally managed to say.

Again he wasn't responding. She couldn't handle this anymore. They were too close and she was too embarrassed.

She stood to her feet and was about to push open the phone booth door, before he reached for her wrist. He rose to his feet. This time she closed her eyes. She knew her heart would break at the disappointment in face when he saw her for the first time. She wasn't strong enough.

It the Dark. Hot. Stuffy. She knew he could see her. He was looking. His breath was still heavy. She wondered what his expression looked like. Was he frowning? Grimacing? Angry? She wonder how disappointed he was. How quickly did his love for her evaporate? Why wasn't he saying anything?

"Are you looking?" She asked, her heart racing. 

Just then, she felt his hands cup the sides of her head, pulling her towards him...or at least she assumed. 

He kissed her back, this time firm and precise. Her eyes shot open when the kiss ended.

She was welcomed with the happiest face she'd ever seen. His face was bright red, his eyes were watery, and he was smiling...more than she'd ever seen before. He let out a laugh that seemed to relieve his internal tension.

"All this time," He said, "It was you."