Chapter 5

Daw stepped into the mansion. Which probably belongs to his family.

"Daw. Just arrived?"

Daw halted when someone talked to him. He glanced to the person who's carrying a little girl in his arm before answering shortly.

"Yes.", he replied then started to walk to his room, but once again his older brother, Mix stopped him.

"Have your dinner yet? Come, eat with me and little sister Pin. Mother and father can't--"

"Already eat. Pin eat with big brother Mix, okay?", he said nicely to his little cousin. "Excuse me.", Daw said again but this without even looking at Mix and quickly walked to his room.

"Big brother Mix. Why did big brother Daw don't want to have dinner with us? He also didn't look at you when he's talking just now? Was he angry with you? Or did you guys have a fight? Don't fight na. I don't want to lose both of you.", she said which made Mix smiled.

"Don't worry. Maybe big brother Daw is just a little bit tired. Let him rest. Let's eat first na, before your father and mother pick you up.", Mix said and touched Pin's small nose playfully, makes the little girl giggles.

Daw threw his body onto the mattress and stared the ceiling. He recalled what had happen on lunch. He told Ice he didn't came to the canteen but actually he did. But seeing his brother talking to Ice made him upset. How can Ice talk nicely to Mix but not him?
No. That's not the real reason he felt angry. He was angry because Mix tried to get closer to Ice. He can't let that happen. It's enough. He can't let Mix take what's belongs to him anymore. After all this time, he just let Mix take everything from him.

His toys when they're still kids, if Mix said he wants it Daw will gave it to him, though it's his favorite. His favorite shirt, his favorite ball. Everything, he will give it to him although he doesn't want to. Even the girl he used to like back in highschool, Mix said he likes her and Daw let him date her.

But not this time. Not anymore. He will not be that old Daw. He was no longer that stupid and naive Daw. He was long gone. What's belongs to him, is his. Mix can't take anything from him anymore. Especially, Ice.

Suddenly, the notification from his phone distract him from thinking deeper into the matter. He took it out from his pocket and Top's ice appeared on the screen. Daw frowned as he read the message. The guy's message sounds serious.

What does he wants from me?

'Meet me at the bar.'

.
.
.
.
.
.

Thirty minutes from the said time, Daw was ready to go. He came out from his room but accidently Mix saw him.

"Daw. Where are you going?"

Daw halted and look at him. "Meeting a friend. Did Pin already went home?"

"Yes. Just before you came out.", Mix replied.

"I see. Then, I'm heading out. If mother and father asked, just tell them I hang out with my friends.", Daw said before stepping again.

"Wait.", Mix stopped him. Daw slightly sighed.

"What is it, big brother? I'm in hurry.", Daw asked.

"About earlier. What's wrong? You were acting weird. Did you know, you've made Pin think that we're fighting.", Mix said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose.", Daw said.

Mix sighed. He knew that, Daw and him didn't get along really well since they're only a half brother. But he loves Daw. He wants to be a good brother to him.

"I have to go. My friends must've waited too long.", Daw said.

"Don't come home too late."

"Yes, big brother."

<>

"Hey, Daw! Over here.", Daw saw Top was sitting alone on a sofa.

"Sorry. I've keep you waiting.", Daw said and sit on the other sofa near Top.

" It's okay.", Top replied.

"So, do you have something to talk to me?", Daw finally asked after they kept silent for a while.

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"Don't bother Ice."

Daw was stunned. He looked at Top. The guy was staring at him too. On that moment he knew, Top was serious about it.

"Why?", Daw asked.

"You're just gonna put him in trouble if you get close to him.", Top replied.

"What if I'm not?"

"You're probably will! And your fans will.", Top said. "Okay, listen. I'm not stopping anyone to befriend with Ice. Only but, they'll not drag Ice into trouble. Or taking advantage of him. He's mute. People probably will make use or even bully him."

Daw just sit and listen. He wouldn't dare to interrupt Top.

"Even though Ice is cold, but he's kind. People insult and bullied him but he still forgive them. Didn't get angry to them.", Top continued. "And now, you! Someone who had a lot of fans in this university? So not a good idea. When they find out that you try to hit Ice, they'll definitely gonna bother him."

Daw almost chocked when Top talk about hitting on Ice. "Wait, you know?!"

"Why wouldn't I know? Its obvious. And I accidently heard your conversation with your friends the other day.", Top replied.

Suddenly they recalled about the day Top had just mentioned. It is definitely the day where Daw came late for the football practice, because he sent Ice back to his condo.

Daw just grin and pretended to drink his coke. His eyes were looking somewhere else in the bar, as he didn't dare to look straight into Top's sharp eyes. He was probably nervous, as he was caught by top because having a feeling towards his bestfriend.

"So, it was right?",Top suddenly asked while staring at the guy.

"About what?"

"About you hitting on Ice!", Top replied.

"But you said, you knew it.", Daw asked in confusion.

"Well.. Just to make sure.", Top said calmly.

"Damn you!", Daw sighed. He guess this is the perfect time to make it clear with Top.

"Okay, I admit. I'm actually hitting on Ice.", Daw finally said.

Top smirked. "You know it wouldn't be easy."

"I know. That's why I'm asking you for permission now.", Daw replied. Top lifted his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm asking you to let me court Ice. I'm not sure whether you let me or not, but at least I've tried. Please! Let me court Ice. I'll do it properly this time.", Daw beg.

Top kept silent for few moments. "Okay. Let's have a deal."

Daw look at Top. He frowned. "What deal?"

"I'll let you courting Ice. But for your information, Ice isn't easy. He would probably ignore you, just like how he did now. So what I meant is, I'll give you a month. If Ice didn't confess to you within a month, then that's it! We're done. Stop courting Ice. Deal?", Top said.

Daw muted for a moment. He was thinking about it really hard. If he fail to make Ice fall for him, then it's over. He can't make any kind of contacts or relationship with Ice anymore. Daw took a deep breath.

"Okay, deal."

"Great!"