Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Daw get out from the pool and sit on the floor with his legs still in the water. He stared at the water, thinking about Ice. Recalling back the memories they have before. He sighed.

"Can I join you?"

Daw look up to see Mix is standing behind him before take a sit besides him. Daw was about to rise up but his brother stopped him.

"Hey. Sit down for a bit.", Mix said. Daw can't do anything and stay still.

"What do you want?", Daw asked in a cold voice.

"Having problems?", Mix asked.

"Why do you even care?"

"I am just asking, Daw.", Mix said. "We're brothers. I should know what you're facing."

"Piss off!", Daw murmured.

"Is it about Ice?", Mix asked.

Daw smirked. "Why? You wanted to hit on him?"

"Hey, no. Of course not. Why should I. He's yours anyway.", Mix said.

"Do you think I don't know? You always go to the art club. I know you meet Ice.", Daw said.

"So, you saw me?"

"Just admit it."

Daw frowned when Mix suddenly laughed.

"You get it wrong, bro. I came to the art club not because I wanted to see Ice. I went to see my faen. Fortunately, he is Ice's senior. I'm sorry if you misunderstand about it.", Mix said and laughed.

"So, you're not...", Daw can't finished his words.

"No. You think to much."

Daw let out a sigh. So all this time, he hated his brother for that.

"Now, tell me. What's wrong.", Mix asked. "I mean, if you don't mind to share."

Daw let out a heavy sigh. He started to tell Mix what actually happen this pass month. Mix didn't interrupt and just hear to Daw's story.

"So, you're going to give up?", Mix asked.

"I don't know. Top already told me, just one month. If I fail, then fail.", Daw replied.

He still remember his deal woth Top. Daw is a person who hold on a promise and he will not go overboard. But he didn't know, things would go this way. At the end, he is the one who get hurt.

"If I am you, I'll not give up. Screw the deals. I'll keep fighting.", Mix said. He tapped on Daw's shoulder a few times when the younger didn't response.

"Come inside. It's not good to swim late night.", Mix said and get out from the pool.

"Thank you, phi.", Daw said.

"Not a problem. I'm going in first."

"Khrub phi."

<>

Daw hadn't meet Ice for a week now. He missed him, but Daw didn't have the courage to see him.

"Hey, captain!", Liam poke Daw's arm.
"Huh?"

"You seems zoned out. What's wrong?", Liam asked. He took a sip of the beer. It's weekend so the three of them hang out that night at a bar.

"Ugh, nothing. Just thinking of some sort of things.", Daw said.

"Er, how's is it going? You and Ice?", Ken asked.

Daw smirked and shook his head. Instead of replying to him, Daw drink the beer from his glass. Ken and Liam just share a look then shrugged.

"Hey.", suddenly someone came and greet them at their table.

"Top. What a coincident.", Liam said.

"Er. Good to see you my friends.", Top said. "Can I talk with the captain for a while? You two can join my friends at our table over there."

Liam and Ken agreed then left the two there. Top sat besides Daw who looks like doesn't care about his existent. He smirked.

"Did you checked your phone?", Top asked.

"What for?"

Top sighed. "Never mind. I just hope you didn't regret."

"What do you mean?", Daw asked, confused.

"Any update about you and Ice?", Top asked without answering Daw. He heard a sigh came out from the captain's mouth.

"I'll stop courting him. I realized, he didn't have any feelings for me. It is just me who're liking him so much.", Daw's voice cracked.

"So, you are saying that my friend doesn't love you?"

Daw didn't replied. Top smirked.

"Let me tell you something. Ice, don't like sweet foods. I know you gave him a bar of chocolate. You know what, instead of giving them to his brother he eat all of them. Fire asked for a piece but he didn't want to share. What's that mean if he really doesn't like you?", Top said.

Daw looked at Top, disbelief. "You must be kidding me."

"Why should I?"

Daw muted.

So why did he rejected me when I asked him out?

<>

Daw woke up in the morning with his phone kept ringing. After a couple of seconds it stop. Daw take a look of it and find out, he got 5 missed call and 3 LINE messages from Ice.

'Answer the call.'

'Please pick up the call.'

'I'm sorry if I hurt you. I know I was wrong. Just another chance. Please.'

Daw put his phone back. He groaned before let a heavy sighed. After taking a shower he went downstairs for breakfast. There, he saw Mix already having his breakfast.

"Good morning, Daw."

"Er, good morning. Where's father and mother?", Daw asked and sit on the dining table.

"Already left. They have an important meeting today.", Mix replied. Daw just nodded.

"Daw."

"Yes?"

"You're not going to see Ice off?", Mix asked. Daw looked at his brother.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know?", Mix asked. Daw shook his head.

"He's going to leave today. If I'm not mistaken, he will enter the gate on 8."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. My faen just tell me last night."

Is that the reason he kept calling me?

Daw bite his lips. After a moment of thinking, he ran to his room to take his car key and phone.

"Where are you going?", Mix asked.

"To see Ice.", Daw replied and ran out to his car.

Daw drove his car to the airport. But unfortunately, it's traffic jam on the highway. People must be on the way to their work place right now. Daw looked at the time on the dashboard. It's almost eight.

"Damn it!"

It took at least 30 minutes for Daw to arrive at the airport. He tried to call Ice's phone number while running to the departure hall, but Ice can't be reached. On the way there, he saw the screen board showed that the flight to USA already departed. Daw feel it was hard to breath.

"Daw."

Daw turn to the person who called him. It's Top.

"You're late, Captain."

It was close.

"I know."