Chapter 29

Sometimes, I really do feel that, god has put me through all of this, just to see how I can handle it. And now, when I have passed all of that pain he put me through, he sent a Angel for me. And right now, that Angel was the lady I met in the club.

I was currently packing my stuff.

It's been 4 months of me, living here. And this little room made me comfortable, from my sleepless tired nights to hopeful hardworking mornings. Even if it didn't make me feel home, it was more than enough for me. I went downstairs with my stuff and saw Hannah there. I hugged her & thanked her for letting me stay on very low rent here. She hugged back and bidded me with a good luck for future.

I knew I would need it but, after so many days it felt right. Like I'm finally gonna be okay. Now, their won't be anything bad in my life anymore.

I got on the bus and it started to move in the direction of my destination. I sat on the seat, looking out of the window. I closed my eyes just feeling the wind in my hairs, remembering the miracle that happened just 3 days before.

"I want you to work for me."

"Work for you?"

"Yes. You see, I'm magazine journalist and I'm a really busy person. So, I need a housekeeper for my apartment."

"So, you want me to be your maid?"

"No. Not maid exactly. You'll have to just take care of all the chores of the house. You'll live there too, in the apartment with me. And I'll pay you really good. More than, you get here."

"You're asking me work for you & stay in the same house? But why?"

"Well, I'm in a desperate need of someone, who would take care of the house and I see you're in a need for a good job too. And you can live in the house, as long as you keep working for me."

"I don't know... I don't know what to say."

"It's okay, take your time to think. Here, take my number & call me when you make up your mind. And yeah, I won't take a no, for an answer."

I came out of my reverie as the bus stopped. I got off and went down the streets, searching for the address of my new work place. I strolled through the streets for a while and stopped in front of a really high building. And it looked posh.

I went in & took the elevator to the 4th floor and stood in front of the door. It had a name plate which had her name on it. Priscilla Davis.

I pressed the bell and stood patiently. After few seconds the door opened reveling a well dressed Priscilla.

"Hi, it's nice to finally see you here." She said, gesturing me to get inside.

I nodded slightly smiling and got inside the house. The only thought that I could think after entering the house...It was amazing!

She noticed the look on my face & laughed slightly. She then, looked at me asking,

"Like your new address?" She asked wiggling her eyebrow.

"Yes. It's really beautiful." I said, giving her my best smile.

"Well, so are you." She said winking at me.

Ohhh, she winked! Why would she do that?!! It's okay Vanessa. Stop blushing. It's not in the way you think it is.

She noticed the tint on my cheeks & laughed a little more, embarrassing me a lot more.

"Come on, let me show you the house." She said moving forward & I followed her closely behind.

The place where we were currently standing was the living area which was really big and it had the minimal furniture giving it a perfect look. It had a beautiful conversation pit that had, beige color couches. It also had a fire place & the wall was covered with ceiling high glass windows. A little smile made its way on my lips as I remember the same type of glass windows.

I've seen somewhere.

The living area had a sliding glass door to the balcony, which had designer chairs in it & had a beautiful view of the city.

She then showed me the kitchen, which was again magnificent and then my room.

I had to admit my room was beautiful. It had a bathroom & walk in wardrobe in it and the best part, it also had a small balcony in it with a single rocking chair.

She then, asked me to keep my stuff their and walk back with her upstairs. Honestly, I was not expecting their to be two floors in an apartment but, I was again surprised.

I followed her upstairs and walked through the area to her room. The master bedroom was big and beautiful, again. She really did belive on being a minimalist. She also had a balcony to her room which was, of course bigger than my room and smaller than the one in the living area.

And then, she finally showed me her work room. Honestly, it was messy. Like hell messy. Their were papers everywhere with some different colors of pens. She had a small sofa in the room, which had a scrambled blanket over it and a working desk with a laptop on top of it. Their was also a shelf which was filled with different paper cuttings and trophies.

Looks like she was best in her game.

Then, we ended up in my room where, I unpacked my bag and talking about my salary & the work I'll have to do.

"Okay so, I go off for the office at 10 in the morning. So, basically you'll have to get up before that and prepare me, my coffee and breakfast." She informed me.

"Don't worry about the lunch, I generally have it out with my friends but, you'll have to do the dishes & laundry, including the all of the cleaning in the house." she paused for a bit.

"And I return home, at 8pm and as always I'm stressed & hungry. So, you'll have to cook for me by then and please make sure that my room is cleaned. It annoys me to see a messy bed." She said making a disgusted face.

"Yes, I'll make sure to do all of that. But, ma'am I'll be continuing my job at the café. I'll definitely do a part time and will make working here, my first priority." I said, smiling sweetly at her, hoping she would agree to it.

"Yeah sure, but please drop the formality. I told you to call me Priscilla." She said, scolding me playfully.

"I can't do that, your my employer & your older than me too." I said, presenting my point.

"Well how old are you?" She asked.

"I'm 20." I replied.

"And I'm 26, it's just six years girl. And I want you to call me by my name. Is that clear?" She said, scaring me.

God. She was intimidating. I bowed my head down & replied her with a vague "yes".

"Good. Now since, it's Sunday, I'll be having lunch at home but, I'm going out with my friends tonight so, could you start on making the lunch, please?" She asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah sure." I said going out of the room.

I hope I'll be good here.

******************◆●◆*****************

Hey guys!😄

Kudos for the new beginning in the life of my girl. And why do you think Priscilla has been so good with her?🤔 Some good things coming our way😆

Please vote!!!💓

Hope you like it!!😄