A Fluctuation is a sign of youth

Daniel:" You've got to be kidding me?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?"

As I stood up from my seat, completely ignoring the social norms for a second as my mind went completely haywire for a moment. However, everyone's eyes weren't on me, they were equally as stunned as me to read the announcement on the board that the teacher had put up.

"That's right, as part of the school's initiation scheme for students to get closer with each other and also to help students who live far away from the school, our school has been granted the privilege of being one of the first high schools to have a student dorm."

Michael: "Woah that's actually some pretty big news, I have to say."

Michael leaned over to me with his eyes still on the whiteboard as he touched his chin in deep thought.

Isaac: "Who will be the ones chosen?"

"Technically all of the third and second years will be selected since we have enough room. However only with your parents' permission will you be allowed to stay."

The class lit up with cheers and astonished gasps as there was a mix of cheers and disappointed moans.

Daniel:( I have to tell them immediately once I get home not to accept this. Having to be like this in school is exhausting enough, doing it 24/7 is impossible.)

Daniel glared at the board with eyes of contempt as he tried his best to hide to distaste he had for this new idea the government had come up with.

He turned towards Michael who still had a face of indifference towards this whole thing. Hesitantly Daniel asked the question.

Daniel:" Are you going to ask for your parents' permission?"

Michael turned to me with a slightly curious expression as he held his chin again, as if in deep thought. Like a child deciding what to have for lunch.

Michael: "Well it doesn't really bother me much either way honestly, being at home or this dorm doesn't change much."

Daniel:" Ah yeah, I forgot I was talking to Mr I don't talk to my family."

Michael: "Hey it's not that I don't talk to them, there just isn't much to talk about."

Michael said this with a slightly different tone than before. A tone that made Daniel slightly surprised as he watched Michael turn his face away and look out towards the window.

As the familiar school bell rang and the wave of students pouring out of the gate happened. Daniel and Michael were at the back of the crowd slowly strolling as they watched everyone rushing home to get their parents permission for the dorms.

Daniel: "I will never understand how some people want to be around others 24/7, maybe those are the people without real lives that's why they have to go to others to find that purpose."

Michael:" That's just a nice way of saying you don't get invited by a lot of people to hang out."

Daniel flinched at this comment as he felt as if an arrow had just pierced the centre of his heart.

Daniel:" You know, sometimes you need to realise the amount of damage you do with your words."

Michael:" Hm? What do you mean by that."

As Daniel turned his face away in the opposite direction staring up towards the sun.

Daniel:( Jamin... for your sake and Michael's, I pray that you can change this insufferable dense asshole.)