A Fake World's Beauty

Damn!... I didn't expect so much work to be done before the next meeting. Damn that Ms Koto, I bet she set this up.

Crystal:"Yo bro! WAIT are you doing work? That's rare, are you going through some teenage crisis?"

Daniel:"Yes yes, a very sad one indeed. It's called being part of the school festival planning committee.''

Crystal:"Oh really? HAHAHA that's hilarious, you being on the school committee. Well at least you won't be slacking at home I guess."

Daniel:"Don't you have a lot of homework for a college student?"

Crystal:"You're right I do."

Siblings in real life are nothing like they are fiction aren't they? Not big bullies like most movies show nor are they super good friends just like normal friends who live together. Well no time to slack, gotta finish these reports before the tomorrows meeting. If I finish fast enough I'll get 4 hours of sleep. Yawning as he stared at the computer screen with a stack of papers next to him, Daniel couldn't help but wonder how Jasmine was handling her work.

Daniel:"Wonder whether she's still up, as executive committee planner she has way more things to settle, plus that fake girl Sai probably won't do any work, she'll probably do a half-assed job of it. Wait why am I thinking about her? Calm down Daniel, keep those thoughts under control."

???:"I don't like you that way."

Daniel: "That's right, that's what they all say. Nice girls are everywhere aren't they." Staring at the ground with dead eyes, Daniel reminded himself not to give up on the philosophy he had been invested in for so long.

Daniel: "Don't give in, or else you know what's going to happen."

"GET UP ALREADY!"

Rising from his bed slowly, Daniel ruffled his hair checking the clock

Daniel: "Crap! It's already this late! Shouldn't have stayed up till 2 rushing on some stupid reports." Rushing to dress up, Daniel hastily rushed out of the house and ran to school. (Thank goodness I stay a stone's throw away from school.) Panting as he arrived in front of the school gate, Daniel patted himself on the back for getting to school earlier than expected as he strolled into the school gate.

Beth: "Oh hi Daniel." 

Turning around, Daniel saw a face he would never forget for the rest of his life.

Beth: "I'm sorry.... I don't like you that way."

Daniel:"Oh hi Beth, I didn't notice you there." Forcing those words out of my mouth, I felt like puking. Immediately turning around, I put my hands in my pocket and walked off without saying anything else. Beth looked shocked or rather pretending to be, she knows what's going on but her superficial self didn't allow her to act in a way she would befitting of her true self.

Sigh... alright, back to normal, what kind of man am I, getting so worked up about this kind of shit.

After school.

Daniel: "Ahh... School's finally over I can go home and..... oh wait, committee meetings I FORGOT!"

Michael: "Hahaha! Sucks being you man."

Daniel: "Very funny don't you have after school club as well?"

Michael: "Yep but I actually enjoy going unlike someone, haha! Just messing with you try to see things more positively why not? You met anyone interesting?"

Daniel: "Not really."

Michael: "Well take your time, hopefully you'd finally get over Beth."

Daniel: "How many....."