How to say good bye

Rajveer is in his room packing his stuff. He is doing all this unconsciously as his mind is on Naina. He wants to tell her something about his next posting but he know he can't.

He didn't talked to her after the judgement and he know that he can't stay here now for long so he needs to do something.

He has almost packed his essentials , when he heard a knock on his door. He know before looking that it's his Cadet. Naina ah Singh.

He smiles a little that today is the day she is finally knocking and went to open the door. She is here with eyes full of concern for him. He knows from her eyes that she holds no anger whatsoever on him.

Anyways, he have counted time on his hands. He asked her to come in, and checked everywhere. After finding no one he locked the door. He knows that now KMA is not safe and he cannot say anything even to her as it might risk her and their mission further.

Naina: Sir. Aap thik hai na? I am so so sorry. It's all because of me that you are in that position. Thank God for Col. Trishanku , varna to mujhe dar tha ki bhaiya ki tarah aap bhi.

After that she can't say anything. She is crying bitterly and hugged him. She just want to feel that he is alright. She knows that he is broken inside. She no longer care what academy thinks of their relation.

She knows that she has feelings for him but at this point of time the only thing which matters for her is his well being.

Rajveer didn't reciprocated the hug immediately. He is still not sure about how to handle this situation.

He doesn't want to say something as there won't be time and how can he say something and then fake his death the next moment. He knows this is good bye for no one knows how much time or even ever.

He finally decides to use codes to communicate a little bit to her. He just can't bear the pain of her hanging in the situation which is going to come but he can't assure her also. As her reaction to the next situation will be a clear give away.

Finally Naina realised and tried to maintain some distance but Rajveer didn't let her go. He came near to her ears and said "Naina be strong. Remember what you promised me that you will become the best cadet of this academy. I am asking for your faith and trust" with this he broke the hug and kept his hands on her shoulders and looked in her eyes.

Rajveer: Cadet. Naina ah Singh( with his peculiar smile but it's pained as well) promise me that you will be ok and become the best cadet pass out for this batch.

Naina: I promise ( she wonders why is he suddenly addressing the same. But she somewhere knows that he is going to leave the academy. With his knowing eyes she understood, he is trying to convey something which he can't say directly)

Rajveer: Cadet. Singh. My new posting has come. I am sorry for not finishing what I started.

With that he took her hand and placed it on his heart. He closed his eyes trying to convey her to trust him as well as memorising her touch over his heart.

" har raste ko manzil nahin milti, lekin manzil tak pahuchne ke lie raasten kai aur bhi hai"

With this he kissed her on her forehead. Naina was stunned as she doesn't know how to react.

Rajveer: Cadet. Singh I need to say good bye to Capt. Abhimanyu and Doc. So you are dismissed.

Naina started to leave in a trance. When Rajveer said " Naina, it was a pleasure and it will always be a pleasure being your mentor " , with a meaning full look at her. With this he closed his room door.

Naina does not understand anything. She wanted to do so many things. But most of all she wanted him not to leave her alone but she can't as she knows that she is responsible for this.

She blames herself for this situation. She knows because of her accusations Rajveer escalated his investigation pace which resulted this situation.

But now she can't behave that way and she will let him leave the academy in peace. She can't be selfish anymore. She will just concentrate on her being the best cadet as promised. She knows when he said to trust him means that he won't leave this investigation and prove his brother's innocence.

So in a daze she came back to her room and sat on her bed. Pooja is not there and Naina can be alone as she wanted currently. She wanted to come to terms with the situation that his mentor is going away from her.

Her eyes are constantly in tears and finally she drifted to sleep in tears.

Suddenly she woke up with a jerk from a loud sound. A bomb blast!