Academy Break - part 1

Rajveer saw Naina and immediately freezed . He thought, " mujhe isko dekh ke ho kya jata hai, aisa lagta hai ki sentence form karna hi bhul jata hu. Pata nai kal itna sab kaise bol dia. But socho Capt. arr. ab to Major ban gya hu. Sach me yar isse aasan to jung pe jana hai. Anyways jaldi socho kuch varna aisa hi chalta rha to ho gya fir aapka "

Meanwhile Naina registered him being there but ignoring all the same. She knew that their friends planned this as they think both of them are worthless.

She thought, " itne bhi worthless nai hai hum. We did confessed yesterday. Ye alag bat hai ki uske bad se I am clueless about how to behave in front of him.
Seriously norm kya hota hai ab. Am I his girlfriend or still his protege. I mean protege to hu hi par girlfriend? Should I behave like before with him? I mean vaise bhi mai shuru se thoda weird hi behave karti thi unse. I am telling you , I have dreamed of this moment for so long but never thought it would be so awkward.
Couldn't he say something, I mean mera first time hai samajh me ata hai. But he was in a relationship before also right. Chod Naina himmat kar aur kuch to bol. Capt. arr ab to Major hai, par Major banke bhi inse to kuch nai hone vala"

She turned with a resolve and stunned Rajveer with her statement

Naina: Rajveer sir. I would be needing your picture.

Rajveer: huh

Naina: Do you have any with u?

Rajveer: Cadet. Singh, aur kyu chahiye aapko meri photo ( sarcastically he said. He tried to project some confidence as now finally they are communicating)

Naina took the locket from her pocket and raised her eyes to make him understand.

Rajveer smiled with a blush like a 100 watt bulb.

Rajveer: So you liked it ?

Now it's Naina's turn to blush and smile. Her moment of boldness was gone and she looked other way and started to take the fried pakodas out of Kadhai.

Rajveer was looking at her meanwhile. His stomach is filled with so many, he don't know what. He want to jump around in victory that Naina liked his gift and by the looks of it, she doesn't look angry too.

Meanwhile Naina arranged pakodas in a big plate and checked on him. He is staring at her. But now that she is confirmed of what this look means, she is unable to hold the state for too long. She blushed and looked down.

Naina: aapne mujhe photo nai di?

Rajveer fumbles and said "vo..umm.. abhi na mere pass.. acha let me check".

He goes through his wallet and found his early days passport size picture which he actually used to apply in Army. But having no option he forwarded the same to Naina.

Naina looked at the picture and laughed out loud.

Rajveer was also laughing as he knows it was the stupidest thing to do. Suddenly they became like old Naina and Rajveer

Naina: Sir, kitne sal ke the aap jab ye picture li thi.
Bilkul chotu se bache lag rahe ho aap. Aur photo me kitne nervous lag rahe hai aap. Aisa lag rha hai ki aapke dono gal khich kar ....

She was stopped as Rajveer was standing very close to her. He took a strand of her messed up hair and put it behind her ears and added , " Ha Cadet. Singh, kya kah rahi thi aap"

Naina hung her head and shakes her head to convey Kuch nai.

Rajveer smiled at her cuteness. She was rarely this shy in front of him. Always chattering or fighting or asking questions. Rajveer smiled on his memories of old Naina.

Meanwhile he saw Naina actually added his picture in the locket. He heart is swollen in love that he really means that much to her.

Naina is still in uniform and having problems in putting on the locket when Rajveer said " May I?"
Naina handed him the locket and Rajveer made her wear the chain. He was standing really close to her and both of them are really conscious about the closeness.

Rajveer took his time to close the lock as he was really enjoying this moment. Although there is not much scope in uniform but his finger touched her neck couple of times, giving her jitters.

Finally it was done and Rajveer out of impulse hold Naina's shoulders from behind and said " Naina, you are sure about this right? "

Naina turned to look at him and said "yes, this is one thing I can never doubt upon".

Rajveer's face light up again and he managed the courage to kiss her on her forehead again.

At that time only Rajveer's cell started ringing.
Gunny was calling him. Rajveer cursed him on this and replied "hmm" on call

Gunny: Are major sahab samajh rahe hai ki aapko privacy chahiye lekin kya hai na ki hume bhukh lagi hai. To agar aap busy hai to bata dijiye, hum aakar pakode le jayenge. "Agar pakode ban gaye hai to"

Naina was smiling at hearing this and took the plate in her hand to come with him

Rajveer: Han bhai ban gaye hai. La rahe hai.

Gunny: ok then Major. Over and Out.

Naina and Rajveer started towards Gunny's room.

Rajveer: so did you tell anyone?

Naina shakes his head in no.

Rajveer and under his breath " matlab jab kuch nai pata hai to itni class le rahe hai, jab pata chal jayega to pata nai kya hoga".

Naina was smiling after hearing all this.

Rajveer: Uhh.. Naina , tum Nainital jana chahti ho for weekend? I mean....kyuki....it's ur break...so..I...asked.

Naina looked at him incredulously. She thought, " I mean major kaise ban gaye ye. How can someone be so dumb. How he made one more gf before me is something of a mystery. Pakka inki cute shakal pe fida ho gai hogi varna harkate to sacchi aise hai inki ki kya hi bole"

Naina: Nai. Mere exams hai so I will stay back.

Rajveer: ok. Good.

Naina shakes her head unbelievably.