𝐓𝐨. 𝐑𝐈𝐑𝐈 <𝟑

Ever since the weather abruptly changed into what it felt like sleeping on a glacier, she had become more used to spending endless days in soggy pajamas and oversized loungewear

Ever since the weather abruptly changed into what it felt like sleeping on a glacier, she had become more used to spending endless days in soggy pajamas and oversized loungewear. She stole one last glance to the frighteningly hopeless grey Azur, before drawing the curtains shut.

In this roomy house, she felt alone.

A bitter chuckle escaped her lips as she slipped in her bedsheets. No, she had yet still to call it a night. But with the gloomy ambiance, she decided to turn on the fireplace, hoping the warmth of it will sweep away the heavy mood.

She should've known the price of moving in with her celebrity fiancé to this lonely village of calm. She wasn't even far from Beijing, heck, she could drive two hours and she would be around her friends and family, celebrating her birthday wildly. But she was long past the crazy teenager phase. Ever since she moved into her fiance's vacation house for more privacy, all thanks to her from domicile work that allowed her fluidity in displacements, she had seen herself grow into something more responsible and mature. She wondered if it was the magic effect of the ring or the fiancé.

Today was one of the few days she questioned whether or not she should've just chosen to be in his principal house. She was never one to get bored easily, she had way too many hobbies, and this village, although small, wasn't that deprived of beautiful scenery. Again, his other house was constantly flooded with reporters and fans. And she understood every aspect of the inconveniences his work came with. Though, now, the only gift she wished for was seeing him next to her. However, what she wished for could be deemed impossible. He had left two months ago, and wouldn't be back in two others.

A sudden wave of melancholia hit her, and she wanted to cry. Snuggling the duvet, she hugged the Moomin plushie harder, the one thing in this big house that had always carry and would continue to carry his scent, perfume, and presence.

Of course, the pathway to my house is clean. He thought. Renjun didn't feel any rush to ascend the stairs leading to his dreamy villa like the love fool he was. Mainly because there were still plenty of minutes before midnight. And also because he knew his fiancée truly loved it when he surprised her. Or at least, he assumed so. The expression on her face when he would open the door and announce wholeheartedly he was back home, back to her, was one he vowed to protect. She would call his name in a breathy timbre, and he would be confused whether she wanted to cry or laugh. She would hug him and stuff her head in the crouch of his neck all while hitting him for taking extra five minutes to arrive, and he would be flustered whether he should apologize or hug her back. She would plant his kisses all over his face while scolding him for not wearing thick clothes, and he would be muddled if he should go change or steal her lips to lock with his.

All those things only they did, only they explored, only they knew were secrets he wouldn't share with the world.

The rawness of those moments made him vulnerable, and he never feared to show her that side of him because he knew she was his mental support. His home.

He trusted her enough to let her stay in his private villa. But the more he fell in love with her, the more he felt like he untrusted her to this villa. "Keep her safe, she is my treasure."

He turned the knob, ready to announce his arrival when he was met with an unusual dark pitched place. She went to sleep? Guess his plans will change. Swiftly, he headed to the kitchen, placing the cake in the refrigerator next to the beers he had brought. He walked to the living room and sat two gift boxes on the table. She will open them in the morning when she will no longer be physically and mentally drained because of the endless wait.

But he kept a third one close to his heart. This one, she had to see it tonight.

Slowly, he found his way to their shared bedroom. The door made a creaky sound as it revealed the homey place they deemed theirs. There she was, laying on her back, counting the imaginary stars in the ceiling, his Moomin plushie between her arms.

She didn't seem to have caught into his presence.

"Babe."

Her head snapped to the door before she grinned to herself, shy pearly whites stretching her lips. "I waited for you."

"And I'm sorry about that."

He beams back as he slides next to her, his body immediately responding to her warmth with a shiver of love. His arms needed her in, so he took away the Moomin from her so that she would be the one receiving comfort and mellowness. She was too engulfed by their Eros to complain. "Have you eaten? Did you catch a cold? Were you—"

The furtive kiss he stole made her shut up, enjoying the zeal he expressed. "I'm sorry."

Her hand left the blankets and settled on his head, caressing his fluffy hair. "You're silver-haired now."

Her childish laugh should've either annoyed him or stole a grin for him. So why were his eyes sparkling? "I'm sorry."

She let out a rustle, before cupping his face between her hands. "Don't. You're here now. I'm happy. Don't ruin my mood."

"But, Riri, I—"

"I love you, so shut the fuck up and kiss me forever you idiot."

He exhaled deeply, the curves of lips peeking up. "You won't have to say it twice."

They shared love, passion, and fondness. The intimacy of the moment, behind drawn shades, was theirs to cherish. Chastes kisses and occasional dirty talks as they shared the different news of their life.

Thirty minutes passed and they were still together in each other's arms, roaming the unusual quietude. Their thoughts were dancing in comfort. When the roaring sound of thunder interrupted their daze, he looked up, deciding to move.

"Don't. Stay here forever. That's what I want for my birthday."

"But I got you something. A necklace."

"You've gotten me thousands of necklaces. But if you gave me thousands of hugs, I still wouldn't be sick of it."

He chuckled at her honey-dipped words. "I love you too." 

*•

*•.¸♡ 𝘛𝘰. 𝘙𝘪𝘳𝘪, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭: ♡¸.•*

Hi, how has your day been so far? I hope you enjoy this special event for you.

I love you so much <3<3<3<3<3 I love your energy, I love your spams, I love your comments, I love your humor. You're one of the nicest people I met on this app, and I'm grateful I met you. ILYY <3<3<3