New Years : Tony Stark

"Tony, please, no....."

"Come on (Y/n)! It'll be great! You'd really enjoy having a party!"

"That's not what I was looking for tonight."

"I can get the people, the decorations and everything cleaned up by 2. Please?"

You rubbed your temples. Tony was trying to get you to have a New Years party at the tower. No, not only close friends, but anybody could come. It made you nervous. He was pretty trustworthy about the whole no one night stands thing but this party idea just didn't feel right to you. It felt a little too risky. He'd probably drink more resulting in a more blurry memory of who's who exactly.

But you gave in, making him promise that he wouldn't drink too much and he wouldn't have any girl in his arms but you.

You offered to eat dinner and watch movies, but he was deep in his plans for the party when you offered.

A little downhearted, you went ahead and boiled the water for ramen noodles. Then putting on a good movie, you cuddled up in your pajamas and a fuzzy blanket.

You heard the party start outside, and you had to turn up the volume on the movie to hear it.

You heard the door open, and found a group of girls. They started yelling things like

"Why are you married to him?"

"I thought you'd be prettier."

"She's not good enough for him."

You were in shock, tears streaming. New Years Resolution 1: Don't be rude to other people. It will hurt.

New Years Resolution 2: Don't let Tony have parties too often, and make sure he doesn't let girls in the house.

You sat down, busy in your thoughts. The tears didn't stop.

The girls insulting chatter stopped.

The sound outside stopped.

The door opened. And closed.

Upon seeing the messy kitchen, the paused movie, the fuzzy blanket and you - looking like a mess - he felt bad.

All you had asked for was a simple night at home, sweet and quiet. That didn't happen often. There was always somebody over. Always people wanting to see Tony or spend the night.

The one night he had the chance, he brushed it off.

He sat down next to your sobbing form on the couch, drawing circles on your back, playing with your hair.

"(Y/n), I'm really sorry."

You laughed.

"You have no reason to be. I was stupid. I knew you didn't want to so I didn't bug you about it. It's just one night. We'll find another time."

"That's the problem though. (Y/n), I don't know when the next time will be. Yeah, it's just one night, but it was one night I could have spent with you."

Those eyes were truthful, sincere and begging for forgiveness. They had a depth of feeling.

"It's already the new year, Mr. Stark."

"That means we have some goals to set. But first, let's watch movies and cuddle together. Because we never do that."

You smiled and started the movie again, cuddling with Tony under that big fuzzy blanket.