3

A/N- Hey welcome back! I hope your doing great, I don't want to go to school tomorrow but it's fine I guess. Anyways, continue reading.

"I can't believe I froze." I shook my head. Mara patted my back trying to comfort.

"It happens to everyone."

"Not me. I'm Starr Jackson. My mom named me Starr for a reason." I rambled.

"I have to go." Oliver stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows. " I don't have time to listen to you complain, again."

I gasped. "I never complain."

"Yes you do." He snapped back. "You do it like every day, actually. I'm surprised you still have the energy to be mean and annoying at the same time."

"You don't have to leave, Oliver, because I'm leaving." I got up and walked off. I can't believe him. Calling me mean and annoying. I spotted her in the hallway talking to her ghost friends. I stormed up to her. Of course I was mad. Who wouldn't be?

"Hey, Julie." I faked a smile.

"Isn't that you're neighbor?" The one in the flannel asked. "Tell her she's pretty."

"Hey Starr."

"Starr? Starr and Reggie have a nice ring to it, don't you think?" The one that spoke before said. The one with the beanie hit his chest.

"Dude."

"You did great at the rally."

"Thanks, it means a lot coming from you." Julie smiled.

"I can't tell if she's being nice or not." The blonde one said.

"Don't make it a habit." I stated and dropped my smile. Julie furrowed her eyebrows. "Trust me Julie, you don't wanna get on my bad side."

"She's kinda scary." The one with the beanie added.

I brought my smile back. "See you later!"

I turned away as I listened to the boys talk about me but I was fuming so I couldn't care less.

-

I sat in my studio writing in my journal. It was like free therapy and after today I definitely need to cope with all my emotions. It was either this or break something, but apparently people worry when you randomly start breaking stuff. I was doing perfectly fine till two ghost boys poofed in. Reggie and the one with the beanie. I rolled my eyes and continued to ignore them. I glanced up when Reggie started flickering the lights. Ignore them Starr. Then the other one started leaning over my shoulder. I lifted my head.

"Personal space, ever heard of it?" I asked sarcastically before realizing what I had done.

"No way." Reggie's eyes widened.

"You can see us."

My eyes slightly widened. Ignore them, Starr. Pretend like you didn't just talk to the dead.

"Luke, you heard her, right?"

"Yeah, I'm standing right here."

They stood in front of me. I continued to write in my notebook. Don't let them bother you. I could feel their eyes watch my every move. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god, stop staring at me!"

They stepped back. "She can hear us!"

"Yes, I can hear and see you. Not cool, it's freaky. Please leave."

"I'm-"

"Reggie, I know." The two boys looked at each other. I shook my head. " 'Starr and Reggie have a nice ring to it.' " I mocked.

Reggie's face blushed making his already pink cheeks redder. Luke laughed at his friend.

"I'm Luke."

"And I didn't ask." I added. Luke frowned. "Just go back you Julie's garage and leave me alone."

"Wait, we wanted to talk. Well actually we were gonna try and scare you but now I know we can just talk." Luke laughed.

"Fine, talk."

"Let Julie, join our band."

"I'm not her parent. She can do whatever she wants."

"Really?" Reggie asked. I nodded. The two boys looked at each other. "That was easy."

"As long as you stay out of my way." I warned.

"Okay, not as easy as I thought." Luke looked down. He sat in front of me. "Please, we can't perform without her."

"Not my problem."

"But your the only one that has a problem with it." He raised his eyebrow. I clenched my jaw.

"I'm not in charge of what Julie does. Maybe she doesn't wanna join your band because you suck." I taunted even though I knew they were good.

Luke gasped dramatically. "Sunset Curve was gonna blow up!"

"Sunset Curve?" I asked. I walked over to my mom's old stuff. "Why does that sound so familiar?"

Luke and Reggie came over as I rummaged through some boxes. I grabbed the CD case and held it up.

"No way." I shook my head. "This is you."

I couldn't believe it. This is Sunset Curve. Here, in front of me.

"Yeah, that's us." Luke nodded.

"You know us?" Reggie asked.

I laughed. "I used to listen to you, religiously."

"Religiously?"

Right, they're 1995 ghosts. "I mean I used to listen to you like everyday when I was younger. You introduced me to rock music. I used to have a crush on Luke!"

"Ha!" Luke laughed in Reggie's face while Reggie frowned.

"I said used to."

"Ha!" Reggie returned the gesture.

My eyes widened. I laughed nervously. They looked at each other in confusion. "I'm going insane, aren't I? There's no way in talking to you right now."

"We're real, Starr. You're not insane." Reggie reassured.

My eyes began watering as I began smiling. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Starr, are you okay?"

"No." I laughed. "I'm talking to a ghost. Please leave."

Hi, hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you see any errors or misspellings please let me know. And any feedback is appreciated.