14

As I sat outside I could hear the guys talking in Julie's garage. I decided I was gonna take Mara's advice and just talk to Luke. I mean I don't know what's going to happen to him, and I don't want to end on bad terms. I walked into Julie's garage.

"Julie and I were thinking we'd start with stand tall." Luke told the guys.

"So you are performing at the orpheum." I stated rather than asked. The boys looked at me.

"Starr." Reggie smiled.

I smiled back. "Hey."

Alex motioned for me to talk to Luke. I nodded but before I could talk Luke started.

"This is our second chance at playing the Orpheum."

He ignored me, that's fair. I looked at Alex while he just shrugged.

"I get it, but it's hard." Reggie admitted. "Do we even know what's on the other side when we cross over? Do we all still get to hang together? You guys are the only family I have."

"Yeah, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen either but it's not like we have a choice."

The boys groaned in pain as something shocked them. I raised my eyebrows.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"It's kinda hard to explain." Alex groaned.

"It rhymes with the Hollywood ghost club." Reggie said.

"Huh?" I asked even more confused. Just then Julie walked in.

"Starr?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "What're you doing here?"

"Uhh... oops this isn't my garage?" I tried to play it off.

"She can see us." Reggie exposed me.

"You can?" Julie asked. I slowly nodded.

"Yeah, but you could've fooled me with the whole 'hologram' band if I didn't already know." I smiled.

"Thanks? Anyways, are you ready?" She asked the boys. They looked at her with blank stares. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah, we just got rocked pretty hard by one of those jolt things."

"Jolt?" I asked. "Like energy?"

They shrugged. "Pretty sure I ghost peed a little."

I looked at Reggie. This guy may dress like a hard boy but he's a complete softie.

"But were fine." Luke smiled at her.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I can't help but be a tad bit jealous okay, I'm just getting over this.

"Actually guys, I'm a little nervous." Julie said. I feel like I shouldn't be here. I don't know, maybe this is like their band meet. "Luke, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah." Luke glanced at the guys and I before heading over to Julie.

I stood next to Alex and Reggie. "Hey, you guys are gonna do great." I smiled.

"Thanks Starr." Reggie smiled back.

"And don't worry about crossing over, okay? If you guys can become ghosts , start a band, perform, and play the orpheum within a couple weeks, you can do anything." I encouraged."Just don't forget about me or I will drag you back from the dead and kill you myself." I threatened with a smile.

"Trust me, we're definitely gonna miss you, Starr." Alex chuckled.

"Good." I laughed. I looked over at Julie and Luke. They seemed to be having a heartfelt conversation. My heart shattered as I watched them. Their chemistry was crystal clear anyone could see it.