11

That feeling of rushing took over my body as I quickly walked into school. So I was four periods late? No biggie, right? I quickly headed for my locker. I saw Griffin as I passed.

"Anything important I missed today?" I asked.

He shook his head. "You're good."

I opened my locker. I shoved my bag in and grabbed my books. I reached to slam it when I saw Luke's face beside me.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked. A couple of students looked at me with judging looks.

"Sorry." Luke laughed.

"You stalking me now?"

"Be careful, I know where you live. I'll haunt you." He joked.

I half smiled. "Seriously, what're you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Julie."

"Julie, right." I sighed a little too loudly. "I mean cool. Anyways I gotta go study for a math test." I faked a smile at him. "See you later."

Before he could say anything I zoomed past him. I know he probably has a thing with Julie but he's the only guy I've ever actually liked. Too bad he's dead. I internally groaned, life sucks.

"You good?" Mara asked as I slammed my books on the table.

"This guy, he's totally cute and a great guy but he's a gh- christian. He's like really religious, I guess." I corrected myself.

"Oh, well one time I dated an altar boy and he's was pretty chill. What's stopping you?"

"Religion isn't my thing?" I raised my eyebrows hoping she buy it.

"I guess that makes sense. Like what if you end up fighting over your beliefs and you break up."

"Yeah, exactly." I played along.

Mara nodded. "What about Oliver?"

"I can't get this guy out of my head."

"The religious one?"

"Sure."

"Maybe talk to the guy." She suggested. "I feel like most of my relationships could've worked out if we'd just talked. Except Griffin. I don't know what phase I was going through but never again." She shuddered in disgust. I laughed.

"Thanks Mara."

Just then Luke popped out from the book shelves. My eyes widened. He waved at me and came over. If he heard me, I will kill myself.

"So this boy, is his name Luke?" He teased.

"Oh my god.."

"What?" Mara asked frantically looking up. "What is it, Starr? You look like you just saw a ghost."

I laughed nervously. "No, ghosts aren't real."

"They aren't?" Luke asked.

"I forgot. I have to leave."

"You just got here?"

"Yeah, Starr, we just got here. You know, I followed you here. I was like just behind you." Luke grinned.

"Right, I meant I have to make a phone call." I nodded. I quickly put my phone to my ear walked to the back of the library where no one was. I faced Luke. "Yes?"

"What's that guy look like?" Luke laughed. I tried to push him but my hand went through his shoulder. "Did you just try to push me?"

"Yes, and I'll do it again if I have to. What're you doing here?"