Chapter 36

Heyo, Authorchan here I just wanted to say I am now a uni student but thanks to COVID-19 I only have classes 3 days a week so please expect me to update this at least once a week unless I am backed up with course work. but still, feel free to bug me if you think I have gone too long without an update as my memory is terrible and I do get distracted. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Zens POV:~

Arriving at the mansion of the Baron there is an odd feeling to it, there is something wrong here. 

"You two are feeling it too aren't you?" I ask as I look at Kiki and Mitsuhide.

"Yeah something doesn't feel right about this place, it's eerie, even though its well kept, it does feel like something is trapped here." Kiki says as she writes something in her notebook. She's always writing something in there, I'll have to ask what she has written once we get back to Wistaria, Well that will only be when we know y/n is free and safe until then I shall be staying with Ciel. 

"Your Highness I welcome you to my master's abode, I do hope you enjoy your evening here." A youngish person probably no older than me, says as he opens the carriage door for us. 

"Yes, thank you. Might I know your name?" I ask knowing that he is not the Barron Kelvin, as Sebastian had prepped me on who he was and what I might want to be aware of. 

"I go by the name Joker your highness, I am  Kelvin's butler." He says as he bows to us. 

"What an odd name." I mumble to myself.  "It's nice to meet Joker, Can I ask where is Kelvin?" I ask as I look around for anyone who would look like they could be him. 

"He is waiting inside for you, your highness, you see the coldness could make him very ill especially with the condition he is in at the moment." Joker says as he motions for us to follow him inside of the building. 

"Very well." I say as I follow him in. He leads us down corridors before we reach a dining room where I first get a glimpse of him. He was wrapped head to toe in bandages and was sat in a wheelchair. 

"I am ever so sorry I couldn't come and greet you at the front of my mansion, but as you can see I am not what I use to be, your highness." He says, to be honest, he looks like a sorry excuse for a person, looking at him I'm surprised that he is even willing for us to be here. 

"It is quite alright sir I am sure prince Zen is very understanding, am I correct your highness. " Kiki speaks up knocking me back to my senses I must have been thinking for a while. 

"Yes I completely understand and it is nothing to worry about." I say quickly hoping my lack in response wasn't noticed. 

"Thank you, your highness. I do hope Joker welcomed you well." Kelvin says as he looks over at Joker, there was something in his eyes that didn't seem right he seemed threatening...odd that someone who couldn't greet us because it was cold could look threatening. 

"Yes he was very welcoming, you have nothing to fear about, all of your staff were very welcoming as well." I say.

"That is great to hear. Joker please go and see if the starters are ready." He says 

"Of course sir." Joker says as he bows and leaves the room. 

Once he had left silence fell upon us. I looked over at Kiki and Mitsuhide for any kind of help, but they both just shrugged their shoulders and Kiki went back to writing. 

"I do hope that the journey wasn't too much for you, your highness, I do know I am out of the way hidden by the forest after all." Finally, he speaks.