Red Blood and Blue Demon

The burgundy haired girl glared, holding the blade that the coats used to cut into her. She growled, standing in front of Red. She leveled the blade at the blue haired demon, ready to slice him open. She was known as Blood to the others due spilling theirs. They needed to win, take a couple of them out and they would live for another week. Survive this. Be the strongest. Live another day. Red's scarlet flames kept her safe and healed the wounds Blood suffered for them during these trials. They had a good partnership, that's what the coats said as they strapped Blood down. Blood thought Red was too nice and soft for this.

Blood lunged for the boy, the scalpel swung at the blue skin boy but the boy shifted like vapor. Blood tried to back up but he pursued her. Trying to grab her, panic rose. She could only summon the things they used to hurt her on that table.

Blood swiped and the Blue Devil backed away. Another boy with spiky green hair came into view, she growled. Blood jumped through the flames and the blade sank easily through soft flesh of Spike's stomach. The demon was on her before she could turn. Blood was pushed to the ground and she scrambled away to keep away from his hands. "Stay away, Red!" Blood barked as the red eyed girl bounced forward to help.

Blood threw the blade, sinking into the demon's foot. He howled and cursed. Two more materialized in her hands as she placed herself in front of Red. She needed to take them before they took them out. Blood looked over to Red. "Follow behind me." Blood ordered. "Raise your flames."

Bright scarlet flames blinded Blood as they moved forward but that only meant that they couldn't as well. Blood knew where the demon was and she jumped. They collided and she stabbed the blades into his sides, Red's small hands pulled her back into the safety of her flames. She felt no relief, only the next one to remove form the game but that wasn't the case. She remembered what happened next.

The alarms started to blare and the coats swept Blood away from Red. A small team of Blacks kept the coat and Blood in the center of the formed circle. She remembered the confusion she felt and the horror as thick black masses bled from the pristine walls. Sharp tentacles constricted around the blacks, tightening and squeezing them. The coat shrieked, dragging Blood along with her but she didn't want to go. The coat was afraid, fear was weakness. Blood refused to abided by that. Someone who caused her pain had no right to fear. Blood would never get the same opportunity again, so she seized the chance. "We need to get the subject out."

A blade formed in her hands, Blood's hand swiped. The coat's wrist opened up with a spray. The coat shrieked, louder as she fell to her knees. Blood hated that. The blade sank deep and wrenched across her throat. Blood watched, curiously as she flopped about on the floor. It took longer than those she battled with.

Footsteps echoing across the hall over the noisy alarm jolted Blood out of her fascination. A man in black stalked down, the masses were drawn to him. He was dressed like a black with their vest and boots. That alone caused the long buried emotion to stir. Blood held the scalpel out but the man ignored her and crouched by the coat. "She's dead."

"She hurt me." Blood spat.

"I know. I do understand a little of what you've been through." Dark eyes met Blood's. He offered her, a smile. "What's your name?"

"They call me, Blood."

"Do you like that?"

Blood frowned, the blade lowered at how the man was acting. "No. I don't think so."

The man sighed, looking down the dead coat and back to Blood. "How about Samantha? Sam is good name, short. Do you like that?"

"Sam?" Blood repeated, mulling the word over. The name was good to her. Short like the nicknames given out by her and the others. "Okay, I can try it out."