six

𝙬𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚

"Jboo, boy where you been at?" I looked down the hall to see one of my mutual friends lil jah. He held he sag jeans running towards me.

"Home," I shrugged "and visiting my homie tryna see what's up with em"

"Oh yea that nigga MuMu, right?" I nodded and he shook his head making me look at him with a side eye.

Yea we cool but we ain't cool enough for him to disrespect my homie. The same one who pushed me to do better and not stay in the streets because the streets don't love you.

The streets will always be there but you won't, I love you, I'm helping you- is what MuMu always told me he was my motivation and mentor.

Me and Woo knew something way deeper wrong with him that just needing more fluids or food in his body, zeik was just always oblivious to these things.

"I heard he get out today and he always got a bad jawn wit him too" me still looking at him I seen he licked his lips and bit it.

"That 'jawn' my cousin and she way older than you, chill"

"Man," he pulled his jeans up from the back and walked off into class "whatever."

Shaking my head I turned and walked to the staircase that was always empty just to see lai sitting there watching something on her phone.

I went and sat beside her throwing my arm over her shoulder. "What you watching?"

She looked up at me then back at her phone "crazy rich Asians"

"Mm" I snatched her phone out her hand and shut it off then slid it in my pocket and turned to look at her.

"Let's talk I ain't seen you in days, how you been?"

"Good" she shrugged "I called you yesterday and the day before but it went straight to voicemail both times."

"Yea, I was checking up on one of my friends."

"Oh, for those two days?"

"Nah" I shook my head with a slight chuckle "some shit went down at my momma house so I had to take care of that"

"What happened?" Lai turned her body so she was facing me then took her headphones out. I raised a brow since her headphones wasn't even plugged into her phone.

"What?" She asked "it makes me feel like my music is on pause."

"You weird bruh" I looked down at my hands twisting my left one so I could see the burn in my pinky.

"Are you gonna tel me what happened or just look at your infected ass pinky" she started at my hand then up at me.

"Girl, this just a burn." I made a face at her " you tote guns, you a robber, shooter?"

She jerked her head back and looked at me crazy, I tucked my lips in keeping me from laughing at her face "boy, what the fuck, no."

"Then you fed as hell" I nodded my head being dead serious.

"Stop being fucking stupid and tell me jacoby" she hit my arm.

I gasped and looked around before looking back at her "girl, don't be saying my name like that, you never know which nigga listening"

She turned her lip up and shook her head "needa shit up and get to the point."

"I was at my uncle house with some of my other homeboys and some dusty nigga came looking for my cousin. One, don't pull up to my family house like you on some fuck shit, two, don't look for my cousin especially if ion know you, three, don't speak to me if you look dusty."

Lai made a face and scooted over so people can walk pass "now your just stalling"

"Don't tell me what I'm doing." I pointed in her face "anyways, I kept telling this nigga over and over my cousin not here. You know autumn? Yea her, she don't even talk to nobody for real so I don't understand what he want with her."

"Then, OH then," I shook my head chuckling "he had the audacity to pull out a small ass toy gun and point it at me, a hard body ass nigga. See bruh"

"Your over exaggerating" I turned to her and seen she had a bored look on her face making me mug her.

"I'm ignoring you. Anyways chile, I went inside real quick and grabbed my Glock 17 I came back out and my uncle was right behind me looking at me like I'm crazy, I came back out and this nigga drove off my homie had already had his shit out and we just stood there staring at his beat down Honda."

"Love how you were so descriptive."

I handed her phone back to her then she went on tiktok "let's do that dance"

"Which dance?"

"Whole lotta choppas on ya ass" I stood up and she did the same then set up the camera.