17| Sand

Chapter 17: Sand (Bella's POV)

We all had been sitting around and talking for a really long time and now it was a little after 1:00 am so everyone decided to call it a night. I looked at Charlotte and raised my eyebrows at her. 

She gave me a small shrug, a faint blush across her cheeks. We all stood up and gathered our things. Charlotte walked over to me with her water bottle in her hand. "I mean, if you want..." she trailed off. 

"Get lost," I laughed. 

"I love you," she squealed, kissing my cheek before going with Oli. 

Noah was setting up our tent when I walked over, taking water bottles from the trunk for both of us. "Hey," he grinned while picking up the sleeping bags. 

"Hello, need any help?" 

"No, I'll just unroll them inside," he said, "You need anything?" he asked. 

"No, I got it," I smiled. 

We finished setting up and then just stood there. "Not sleepy yet, are you?" he asked. 

"No, not yet. You?" 

He shook his head in response, "No. You wanna take a walk?" he offered. 

"Uh yeah, sure," I shrugged, walking beside him along the shoreline. We walked in silence for a short while and then we started talking about random things as we always do. He grabbed my hand and started swinging our locked hands back and forth as we walked and talked. 

I chuckled, "I can't answer that." 

"Why not?" he asked. 

"I just can't," I laughed, "Who asks that? When was the last time you were kissed? Really?" I looked at him. 

"I'm asking that. Come on," he pleaded. 

"I don't even know the answer to that, Noah. I genuinely don't remember," I explained. 

"Liar," he scoffed. 

"I'm not lying I swear," I laughed, pushing him lightly, "I couldn't tell you when I was kissed last. It was definitely after the break-up but way before graduation," I said. 

"Where?" he questioned. 

"At a party or something? I'm pretty sure it was during a game," I shrugged. 

"That was your last serious kiss?" 

"No, that was my last kiss. You never said serious," I retorted. 

"Okay, when was your last serious kiss?" he emphasized. 

"The last time I kissed my ex-boyfriend probably," I answered, "Yours?" 

"Probably with my ex too," he shrugged. 

"Why are you asking me that?" I questioned hesitantly. 

"I'm just curious," he shrugged. I eyed him but let it slide regardless. "Can we sit down or something?" he mumbled while pulling me to a halt and sitting down on the sand. 

"I don't want sand everywhere," I pouted. He tugged at my hand, making me realize it was still in his, before pulling me down to sit. I clicked my tongue, pulling my hand out of his. 

"Wha-" he frowned at the loss of contact. 

"I'm tying my hair," I laughed, throwing it up in a bun. I pulled my knees up, hugging them as both of us sat there, under the moon, looking at the waves. 

"Didn't you say you're scared of deep waters?" he smirked. 

"Don't even think about it. It's dark out too," I scolded. We fell back into silence and stared at the view in front of us until he started poking my sides. "What is with you?" I laughed, "Why do you always do that?" I slapped his hand away.