20| Midnight

Chapter 20: Midnight (Noah's POV)

We were both wide awake, it was almost midnight and we were talking without anything to do. "You wanna go swimming?" I asked. 

"What?" she laughed, looking up at me. 

"The pool is open upstairs, let's just go," I shrugged. 

"It's almost midnight, Noah," she replied, looking at me in almost disbelief. 

"So? Let's go, I bet nobody's up there." 

"Why is that relevant?" She narrowed her eyes at me, "You wanna skinny dip?" she whispered. 

"Why do you always assume I'm dying to skinny dip with you?" I laughed. 

"I don't know," she shrugged, "Skinny dipping sounds fun but really fucking weird. Who on earth came up with that?" 

"Have you never been skinny dipping?" I looked down at her. 

"No, have you?" Her eyes widened. 

"By myself, yeah," I chuckled, "You seriously haven't been skinny dipping? Not even on your own?" She shook her head in response. "I think I'll have to take you some time," I smirked. 

"Hmm, it's funny how you think that." Her eyebrows shot up while she pulled away from me and stood up. 

"Now where are you going?" I whined. 

"You just said you wanna go swimming. Are we going or not?" she chuckled. I went up on my knees and crawled forward, sitting in front of her. "Are we going, Noah? We'll have to change and then shower when we get back," she whined. 

"Yes, we're going," I said before grabbing her waist and pulling her against me, kissing her. 

She smiled against my lips before pulling away slowly, "Then go change," she sang. After we changed, we got to the elevator and then headed upstairs to the pool. 

As I expected, the entire pool deck was empty. The water was shining from the lights built into the walls of the pool, which illuminated the water, all the sun loungers were empty, all the huge picnic umbrellas beside the sun loungers were closed. We both left our towels on sun loungers and our phones on the tables beside them before I got in the water. 

She sat on the edge of the pool and dipped her feet in while I stood in front of her. "Are you not even going to get in?" I asked. 

"I don't want to wash my hair," she sighed. I rolled my eyes in response before she huffed before slowly sliding into the pool, lowering herself into the water. She was standing with her back against the wall, her toes barely touching the floor while I was standing flat on my feet. 

"I thought this was meant to be the shallow end," I snickered. 

"Are you calling me short?" 

"Are you saying you're not?" 

"Shut up," she laughed. 

"It's adorable," I chuckled. 

"Is that what you think now?" she scoffed. 

"I think I really want to kiss you," I said, putting my arms around her waist and pulling her closer. 

Since she wasn't even really standing on the floor, moving her around was pretty easy and she was pretty much weightless. "I wonder why you think that," she smiled. 

We all filed into the car the next morning. We had to split up once again and both cars were going to drive us to the entry point for the Grand Canyon West Rim. It's a long drive there and we're going to hike around, walk around and take pictures.