37| Love

Chapter 37: Love (Bella's POV)

It was now the next day, around noon, and Noah still hadn't dropped by. Normally, when we weren't spending the night together, he would come over early and nap with me for a while, and then we'd spend the day together so I was very confused as to where he went. 

I dialed his number and he answered on the first ring. "Hello?" he asked. 

"Hey, are you coming over? I thought we're hanging out today," I said while sitting on my couch. My dad was leaving for training at the middle school nearby, he gets back to coaching today, it's what he loves to do. My mom was cooking lunch in the kitchen. 

"Um, yeah, I'm sorry. I can't come over today, I'm a little busy," he said while I heard shuffling in the background. 

"Did everything go okay last night? Should I be worried?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Everything's fine, I just- we still have to clear some stuff up. I can't come over today," he said. 

"Okay, just call me if you need to talk or anything else, okay?" 

"Mm-hmm," he replied. 

"I love you," I said. 

"You too, bye." 

"B-" He hung up before I could even say it. I frowned in confusion at the phone, putting it screen-down on the couch beside me. 

"Everything okay?" my mom asked. 

"I don't know," I mumbled. 

The next day went by and he still hasn't called. I thought giving him some space to sort things out was the best thing to do, this was his family matter. So the next day went by, and the day after that, and the one after that, and the next one too. With that, one week went by, the week after that and before I knew it, it had been three weeks since we spoke. 

I woke up this morning feeling awful. Not physically, but something was wrong. I could just feel it. I had to see him. My bedroom door opened as I came out of my bathroom and I saw Ava and Charlotte. 

"Hey," they smiled in sync, sitting down on my bed. 

"Hi," I mumbled absentmindedly, sitting down as well. 

"What's up? You don't look too cheery," Charlotte frowned. 

"I don't know, I haven't really spoken to Noah," I mumbled, scratching my brow. 

"Aw, do you miss him?" Ava taunted. 

"I haven't spoken to him in three weeks," I admitted. 

The smiles fell from both of their faces and they stared at me in confusion and shock. "Wait, what? Why?" Charlotte asked. 

"He was supposed to talk to his parents about not wanting to go to Berkeley. I haven't heard from him since," I shrugged. 

"What the fuck are you doing here then? Go over to his god damn house," Ava said. 

"I thought I should give him some space and time to sort things out," I explained. 

"Three weeks?! Bella? Are you out of your mind? Go over there. He might need you," Charlotte said. 

"But-" 

"Go!" they yelled. 

I got out of bed and pulled my flip flops on, grabbing my phone and heading downstairs. "Dad, I need you to drive me to Noah's house," I said while throwing my hair up in a bun. 

"Why don't y- hello?" he asked, answering his phone in between. 

I groaned, rolling my eyes, hoping he'd hurry up. The sinking feeling in my stomach was increasing by the second, my anxiety and nerves were hitting the floor, I needed to see Noah right now. "Dad, can you please hurry?" I whispered.