28| Swoon

Chapter 28: Swoon (Noah's POV)

It was now the next day and I was currently driving to Bella's house way earlier than what we agreed on. She said to come by around lunch because she said she'll be sleeping in. It's 7 o'clock right now. 

I didn't get much sleep last night, I was too nervous and excited for today. Nervous because I need to talk to her dad. I spoke to him while we were in Vegas. I want to ask him about her college plans because I don't think she's being honest with me. I don't think she really wants to go. 

I know I should probably ask her, but I've tried and every single time, she acts like she's going. I'm willing to go for her, but if I don't wanna go and she's not going at all, then why the hell would I be going? Berkeley is no more than 8-9 hours away from here, so it's not like we'd be dealing with across the country distance, but that is still really far. 

I can't stand the thought of not seeing her every day once I'm in love with her. This is all going so fast, it feels like we're about to crash, I'm just trying not to let that happen. 

When I pulled up and walked over to the front door, I contemplated just heading back and coming around when she asked me to, but my body took control and I was ringing the doorbell before I knew it, two bouquets, as promised, in my hands. 

The door opened and revealed Mrs. Miller, who I've only met a few times. I could hear music playing and judging from her apron and the flour on her face, they were making breakfast. "Hi, it's Noah, right?" she smiled. 

"Right," I nodded with a smile, "I'm sorry, I came earlier than you all were probably expecting but um... anyway, these are for you," I held out the bouquet. 

"Oh, she got a good one," she mumbled, "Um, sorry. Thank you! Come on in," she laughed, stepping back and letting me in. I walked in and saw Mr. Miller- who I'm still tempted to call 'coach' and Bella both also wearing aprons. 

She looked adorable. Her hair was thrown up in a bun, strands coming out at the front, she had flour all over her, some streaks on her face as well, she had on a loose, grey v-neck with black shorts on and flip flops and from the looks of it, I'd say they're having a baking contest. 

I watched while her dad tried sabotaging her pancakes. "Ay, ay, ay! Hands at your own station!" she yelled, pushing his arm away. 

"Would you like to join?" her mom asked, snapping me out of my Bella-staring daze. 

"Uh, what exactly are you baking?" I chuckled. 

"Pancakes and brownies," she replied. 

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged. She handed me a spare apron and I followed her into the kitchen, taking a spot beside Bella. "Hey," I elbowed her. 

"Hey," she grinned, "I'm sorry you're seeing me like this and I'm sorry this is the family of your girlfriend," she laughed. 

"Why? I'm not," I chuckled while tying the apron behind my back. 

"We should make teams," her mom suggested. 

"Okay, who's with who?" Bella asked. 

"I'm with Bella," her dad said quickly. 

"Dad, you can't bake to save your life," she whined. 

"Yeah, no. I'll bake with your mom," I laughed. I switched places with her dad and stood with her mom. 

"Okay well, I already made pancakes. We gotta make brownies now," Bella said, dusting her hands. 

"Who is the best baker here?" I asked.