39

BUMABA ako galing sa aking silid at tinungo ang kusina, I didn’t expect to see my parents there. It was our first time to have a breakfast together. Mom is wearing an apron, kakatapos niya lang magluto ng aming pagkain.

“Good morning” I greeted them and sit at the chair.

“May stag party ka mamaya?” tanong ng aking ama at sumimsim sa kaniyang kape.

“Ah. . . Yeah, together with my friends. “ sabay lagay ng isang sausage sa aking bibig. “ I already gave the theme, motif and the design of Paula’s gown to the wedding planner and to our designer” Imporma ko sa kanila.

“Oh that’s nice” mom giggled. “Kumain ka ng marami, We’ll visit the Church later” paglagay niya ng kanin sa aking plato.

I just stared at them, they look so happy. I don’t know if magwo-work 'tong plano na to , but I just go with the flow.

My parents obviously live one another, how could they push me to my limits that I should mary one of our business partners? Marry to a stranger.

“I’m done” sabi ko at pinunasan na ang bibig ko ng towel. Walang lingon-likod umalis ako at bumalik sa aking silid.

Kailangan kong magpahinga dahil mamayang gabi pa ang stag party. Bumalik ako sa aking naudlot na tulog. I choose to sleep everyday, sleeping in the reason that I escaped reality for now.

--

I WAS at Zia's Café, waiting for Paula to come dahil umu-oo siya sa pagkikita namin. I placed my self beside the table but not really exposed to other people. I was wearing my black shirt and a white short, I tied my hair into a pigtail and put a ballcup in it.

Zia was the casher this day, after a couple of minutes, dumating na ang hinintay ko. She look so elegant in her white dress and a black purse. Her hair is straight and long, singkit and she’s really graceful.

“You’re Lady Reyes?” magalang niyang tanong. I was amazed how the way she talks, it was like an angel, so innocent.

“Yeah, have a seat.” Lahad ko sa harapan kong upuan.

“I didn’t mean to keep you waiting. I’m sorry” paghingi niya ng tawad.

“Oh, don’t mention it. It’s fine, hindi pa ako nag-order dahil hindi ko alam ang gusto mo. But I’ll pay it,” ngiti ko sa kaniya.

She smiled back at me, I talk to the crew of Zia’s Café, after talking about our orders I faced her. I don’t know that she’s staring at me for about a seconds, looks like she was observing me.

“Ano ang pag-usapan natin?” magalang niyang tanong.

“About your wedding” panimula ko. She just sit and listen. “Xyler, asked me to sing in your wedding. It’s okay with you?”

“Sure, it’s really fine.”, agad niyang sagot.

“Oh” tanging usal ko, hindi ko alam ang aking sasabihin. I just let the tension between us reign, not until she decided to talk.