18:25 【 rewind. 】

𝓦𝓸𝓷ʼ𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓸 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮?

𝘃𝗶. 𝗥𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆,
𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸
𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂
𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱.

ー・ー

FLASHBACK

Khun Aguero Agnes ;

Donʼt be unreasonable, Aguero! Youʼre already in an eligible age, and this engagement will be beneficial for-

"You donʼt get to meddle with my life after you just outright abandoned me years ago!" He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he tried so hard not to slam the phone in his hand to the ground. "I know that my life is the least of your concerns. What is your true motive, mother?"

'Calm down, A.A. Itʼs not that much big of a deal. Itʼs just your own blood relative who disowned you, suddenly barging into your life trying to tie you off in a marriage of convenience. Nothing special.'

Despite being on the other side of the screen, Khun could almost see the womanʼs seemingly perfect motherly demeanor change into something more befitting- a top-of-the-line, heartless noblewoman. The image was just too embedded in his memory to be cast aside, that he was almost relieved.

I want you to pave the way for your sister. Elqenna wants the Jahad boy. 」

Of course, what else would you expect from one of Khun Edahnʼs countless mistresses? She never changed. Wait, what?

"What the fuck- no! Are you out of your minds?!" Khunʼs eyes widened, both in astonishment and pity. As exhilarating as it may seem, what his mother wants isnʼt something they could get in a wave of their hands just because they proudly carry the Khun name. "Even Edahn has to think twice before messing around with Jahadʼs consultants- and theyʼre childhood friends! And now, youʼre targeting a son?"

There were even rumors that a son of Jahad (most probably the object of his sisterʼs affections) is screwing with a mediocre socialiteʼs daughter. And- oh.

Elqenna is my pride and joy. A daughter of mine deserves only the best. 」

Oh. Khun was once again reminded of how much of a schemer his angelique mother actually is. Not that it matters, because it probably runs in this god-forsaken family. But still, he does not want to take part in any of this madness.

"You both are insane." He sighed.

He doesnʼt even know why heʼs still talking to them. Itʼs so obvious that they wanted him to get the girl and ruin his already tarnished reputation to indulge in his sisterʼs desires. If they want anything done, they have to do it themselves. Besides, theyʼve spent their lives manipulating and planning things, so they should have no problem executing them.

"Tell Elqenna if she likes the Jahad boy so bad, then take him herself. Sheʼs good at that anyway, wanting things that are not hers."