Chapter 14

Niall's POV

Only 4 more days until Christmas, I better find a ring. Quickly. I don't mind about school, I can just quit with her and move somewhere. Just the both of us. I went downtown leaving Kate behind. I tried to think which is the best jewellery.

"Um, excuse me ms." I asked an old lady who stood beside a pole.

"Oh, yes sonny?" she said with a lovely old lady voice.

"Do you know a good.. the best jewellery store here?" I asked shyly.

"Oh, are you going to purpose someone? You're very young but okay! And yes, I suppose I know one. It's around that corner over there." she pointed out where the Amanda Diamonds jewellery store stood.

"Thank you ma'am!" I said happily and ran towards the store.

I went to the cashier table and saw the girl who works there.

"Hi, I'm looking for a ring." I said to her.

"Ah, who seems to be the lucky lady, sir?" she asked while walking towards the counter where the rings and all jewellery's were placed.

"Her names Kate, she's very beautiful and I would like to purpose to her!" I said with the biggest smile on my face. She smiled back and tried looking for the perfect ring. "How about.. this one?" she got out the ring and showed it to me.

It was actually really nice! The ring was showing two curves and between the curves had a diamond. It's perfect.

"I'll take it!" I said and happily walked to the cashier.

"That would be 5.250 dollars please." she said as I gave her my credit card. "Have a nice day sir and good luck! I wish you both happy lives." she said smiling so wide at me. That girl was really nice.

Then I headed home.

After a 35 minute walk, I finally got home. I gotta hide the ring! Where to hide.. Oh right, I can always hide it in my pants! Then I put in the bag in my pants and walking in. I hope she wouldn't notice.

"Hi.. I'm gonna go change babe." I said and hurried upstairs.

I got into my room and quickly put the bag out.

"What are you hiding, Horan?" she said lying against the door.

"Oh shit! You almost got me a heart attack!" I said putting my hands behind my back, holding the bag.

"What's behind you back, babe?" she said winking at me and giggling.

"It's um.. It's a.. box of condoms?" I said to her.

"Oh gross! I don't suppose that's for yo-" "It's for my friend! He um.. He asked me to buy a pack for him cause... He got grounded for.. Shouting at his mom.. Yeah, shouting at his mom!" I said nervously. She looked at me curiously.

Please make it work. Please make it work. Please make it work.

"Okay.. I don't wanna know anymore." she said walking away and down the stairs

I let out a long sigh and quickly hid the box. "She's going to be so happy." I whisper to myself.

"We're going to be happy." I smiled to myself and walked out to go to my dear.. 

Kate.