Twelve: We'll be Buried Here

Ella hopped off the train, cheeks bright red from the past hours spent laughing. Fred and George helped her get her bags down, and Lee Jordan followed, laughing just as hard.

"Well, I think leaving Hagrid with Koda and your creepy alpaca is very mean," Fred pointed out. "Koda will eat everything in sight, Jorghita will munch on Buckbeak's feathers, Fang will probably bark, and Hagrid will lose his sanity."

"That's ridiculous, Twin Number One," she announced, using her new nickname for the two. She couldn't tell the difference, so she simply assigned them numbers, and hope the number was the right one. "Hagrid's lost his sanity a while ago," she shrugged. "I had nothing to do with, but I love insane Hagrid."

"Well, tell you what-" Lee started, when Ella's eyes fell on a man in a dark grey suit. She could hear words coming out of Lee's mouth, but she couldn't actually understand them.

"Kemal Abi," she spoke up, her voice clear. The man nodded, and she hurried her steps towards him, leaving the three behind her. "Selamun aleykum," she greeted, and he allowed her to take his hand in hers, and place a kiss on the knuckles, before pressing them to her forehead.

"Ve aleykum selam," Kemal nodded in return. She straightened up, and looked bashfully at the man. Behind him, stood Steven, who was just a couple of years older than her, and was supposed to be in his last year of school. "Who are those people?" Kemal asked, nodding towards the three friends who followed her to place her suitcase behind them.

"Oh, these are Fred and George Weasley," she pointed at the two red heads, who nodded, seeming very uncomfortable under the gaze of the man. His eyes were very blue, and he seemed like he couldn't care less. "And this is Lee Jordan," she pointed at the boy who stood a step behind. "They're friends of mine."

"They're not from your house," Kemal stated easily, and George noted his accent sounded a bit what he heard at Egypt.

"No, Abi," she said. She kept her gaze directed at the ground, and Fred wondered what the word Abi meant.

"Nasilsiniz?" Kemal wondered how she was, and she nodded.

"Good, Abi. How is Baba Selim?" Kemal smiled widely, and nodded. He was happy she still remembered the fact she needed to care for his Uncle.

"He's doing fine, Ella," Kemal called Steven forward. "Take Ella's bags from the kids, and come on."

"Of course, Abi," he said simply, and nodded his head at Ella. She could clearly see the outline of a gun in his pants, and she had to stop a sigh. Their town was pretty small, and in the more poverty-stricken area, a family of Turkish wizards managed to find a home.

"Bye Fred, George, Lee," she waved at them sadly, and walked after Kemal. Of course, they were a strong family, and helped the neighborhood a lot. The problem was in Istanbul, and not in England. A part of the family still lived in their old neighborhood in Istanbul, where they had a lot of competition, and more often than not, needed the help of their other half in England. That was when the trouble started.

The two parts were relaying on each other, and two neighborhoods also did. Kemal, the younger cousin, was on his way of establishing himself at the leader of the family, as Selim was getting older and wanted to go back to Istanbul, but Selim's brother- Hakan- was married to Ella's mother, which caused a slight tension in the family.

What also caused tension, was the ever-growinf drug industry, and more and more drugs made way to their small town, which caused a lot of trouble. Mostly to Selim and Kemal.

"Thank you for coming to get me," Ella told Kemal, who nodded, silent. She fell silent again as well, and looked at him. She called him 'Abi', which meant brother, but was used as a term of respect in the family, like you'd call an older brother, though he wasn't a brother to her. Steven called him Abi as well, and the whole neighborhood knew better than to call Selim anything else but Baba, a father.

Kemal and Steven turned to an alley by Kings Cross, and Kemal pointed at a small chair. Ella nodded, and the three placed their hands on it at the same time, and after she shut her eyes and felt a tug on her naval, she opened her eyes to the town she's known her whole life.

The turkish words grew roots in the area she lived in, and half of the town knew some words in Turkish, and knew very well what to call each person.

She wondered what it was like for Snape, mere weeks earlier, in the town she was now walking in.

"Abla!" a voice called, and Ella turned her head to see a short boy running to her. He threw his arms around her, and she giggled.

"Tom! Hey!"

"You're home!"

"Of course I am," she grinned, watching the boy bounce back. Half of his hair was short, and the other long, and he obviously just ran from the barber's shop. "Your hair looks amazing," she pointed out with a laugh.

"Tom! Dur!" a voice called for him to stop, and his mother peeked out of the shop. "Ella!" she continued.

"Merhaba, Zeynep," she greeted the woman, who grinned.

"Great seeing you," she said in her turkish accent, before another familiar face popped out. The single man Ella loved more than Severus; and she grinned widely as she bounced to the barber.

"Yamac!" she hugged him.

"Hayatim, nasilsiniz?" Yamac, who was going to celebrate his 68th birthday mere weeks after that day, was one of the few people who never worked on their English too much. In the beginning it made things harder for him, but at this point, he knew enough English, and everyone else knew enough Turkish, for him to make do. He was actually a Squib, unlike most of the people who followed Selim to England, but he was happy to be wherever Selim- his friend since childhood- was.

"I'm sorry to ruin your meet-and-greet," Kemal started. "But Selim and Hakan are waiting for you."

"Hosca kalin," she waved at the group, who nodded.

"Gule gule," the barber nodded at her as Tom and Zeynep murmered in English their goodbye.

Ella followed Kemal as he led her to her childhood home, and the uncomfortable feeling in her heart returned. As a child, she would spend most of her time in the library and in the school, as when she grew up, she was in Hogwarts, but any time she was home, a horrible feeling consumed her heart.

She knew that nothing was really bad; while there were weapons in the house, and every single person living in the house- save for herself, and she is pretty certain, her mom- has killed before, she had it good. They were known in the town, she was liked around the streets, and no one dared to mess around with her. She was thankful back when she turned out to be the nerd who spends all of her free time at school studying college-level math, because while she was sure people wanted to bully her, no one did.

"Ella!" her mother called, thick french accent thick as ever, and she hugged her to her, kissing her cheeks. She then turned to Kemal and Steven, "Sagol," she thanked them, and Steven scrambled off soon after, leaving her in the house. "Go greet Baba Selim," her mother whispered in her ear, and she could hear the familiar fear in her voice.

Ella simply nodded; while there was nothing really bad she could see, she knew there was a reason why Hakan was never considered as the one to take charge of the family.

As she entered the living room, she greeted Selim with a kiss to the knuckles, and then pressed his hand to her forehead. Selim patted her hair, before she turned to Hakan.

She knew why her mother, who cared about looks and power, fell in love with Hakan. His eyes were a captivating hazel color, somehow containing all of the colors in it, and his dark brown hair was messy. While the rest of his family had olive skin, his was a paler, and she was sure that if Hakan chose to smile, he'd catpure the heart of any woman.

But Hakan never did smile.

His face was always serious, and his eyes were unnerving and endless.

When Ron Weasley asked her if she believes the Grim is real earlier this year, she told him that she knows it's real. She didn't mention it's not a big, black dog.

It's a man who lived with her for as long as she knew, and his nickname was Yikim; if you've seen him and you're unlucky, a mere disaster would befall you.

Most were lucky enough to die.

And he was waiting for her to turn to him.