Chapter 22 - Emmalin

The big day…

“You look beautiful, Emma,” Riley smiled and Rachel beamed with pride.

“I told you, she is an artist.” Maya told us.

“I love it,” I said as I looked at myself in the mirror, It’s like I was looking at someone else. Rachel had a smug smile on her face.

We were at my Dad's getting ready for my wedding. Yes, my wedding. I am getting married today and it feels like a dream.

I asked Rachel to do my makeup and she did a wonderful job. She told me that I don’t need a heavy makeup because I had a natural glow and she was right I was glowing because of my pregnancy. So, she gave me a simple soft peach toned makeup look. She did a messy updo with my hair and curled the strands that had fallen and I loved what she did to me.

“It’s time to put on your dress, Emma,” Maya came back with my wedding dress.

I stood up to look at my friends who was there for me when I needed them and gave me their unconditional love and support. They were not only my friends, they were my family.

I opened the dress and smiled as I thought about the day I bought it. Actually, we bought it.

We went to a bridal shop, it was one of Rachel’s friend’s which wasn’t too far from our office and Maya joined us there later.

I tried 5 dresses but didn’t like any of them. Some of them were too sparkly or too heavy and I wanted something simple and elegant.

“You need to choose one, Emma. If you reject every dress like this, you can’t get anything.” Maya said softly.

“I want something simple. I don’t know, not too much but something sweet and sexy at the same time.” I sighed.

I didn’t know if I could find it and this pregnancy is killing me. I have to piss every minute, I am hungry all the time, and I cry too much as a fact, way too much.

“I think I have just the dress for you,” Rachel’s friend Heather smiled and disappeared down the aisle. We all looked at each other in bewilderment.

“What about this?” She came back with a dress and asked me to try that on.

I put it on and knew it was the one because my tears started to flow like a river. Not again.

It was a white sweetheart strapless Mermaid dress, which showed its elegance with a low illusion back that had an invisible zipper and it fit me perfectly.

I came out of the changing room and stood in front of my friends. When they saw me, they had ear to ear smiles on their faces.

“This is the one.” I exclaimed with my tearful face and they all laughed.

“It’s made for you,” Heather said and we all agreed.

“Stop it. You'll ruin your makeup.” Rachel said, snapping me out of my thought and gave me a tissue.

“I can’t seem to stop it. It’s like a pipe is leaking and I don’t know how to fix it.” I blew out a heavy breath and walked away to put on the dress, carefully not to mess up my hair. I came out and they helped me with my zipper.

“You are looking beautiful, Emma,” Naomi smiled with teary eyes as she came and stood in front of me along with my mom and sister.

“I can’t believe you are getting married today. It’s like yesterday I was leaving you at the school and you wouldn’t stop crying.” She said and hugged me.