Chapter 16 - Emmalin

I was having a beautiful dream where Derek and I were spending our time in the beach house. The house was small and perfect. I was going to kiss him when my phone goes off. I was tired so I let it ring, it stopped then started again.

"Why can't anyone let me sleep?" I got up rubbing my eyes and picked it up from the nightstand. It's only 9:30, Derek knows of my sleeping habit so he never wakes me up except to make love then I sleep again after that, but he always wakes up before me.

"Please tell me it's urgent, Rach, or I will kill you I swear."

"It's raining look outside, Aurora." I wore Derek's shirt and opened the curtains. It really was raining but not too heavy but it was enough not to go out. "And the weather report says that it might rain all day."

"Since when did you start watching the news?"

"I have Google. Anyway, we can't go out, Emma." Oh yeah. We were looking forward to today. We could not do our girls' day for 2 weeks because Maya was busy with her project. She was an architect, well will be after she got her degree this year. She was assisting her boss to design a building.

"What now?"

"I don't know. I wanted to go out and have some fun." She sighed.

"Hey, what if we do our girls' day inside? That way we could spend time together and have some fun without going out."

"It's a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think about that."

"Sometimes I could be a smartass too. But where are we going to do that?"

"At my house," We always hang-out outside, it would be good to do something inside the house.

"Ok, I will inform the girls and ask them to come to your house."

"Wait, you are not in your apartment?"

"No. I am at Derek's."

"That's even awesome," Yeah, her house is just 5 minutes walk from his. "But why didn't you say anything before? We could have had dinner together."

"Because I didn't even know I was going to stay but he convinced me by his sexy charm and then we had-." I love teasing her.

"I just threw up in my mouth." She made a gagging sound then said, "I am on my way," and cut the call.

"What are you laughing about?" I was laughing when Derek came in with breakfast, decorated beautifully in a tray. He was in his boxers only as usual and that could be very distracting.

I cleared my throat and said, "Your sister is on the way," he put breakfast to bed and kissed me. There goes the bubbly feeling in my stomach. Always, this happens always.

"Like seriously? Why did you tell her you are here? You know she would come by." He said as he pulled away.

"I didn't tell her anything." I smiled innocently.

"We are going to have our girls' day at her house as you can see it is raining." I pointed my hand to the window, he raised his brows. "Fine, I told her that I am here." He shook his head and pulled me to bed with him to have breakfast.

"They are delicious," I told him.

I messaged the girls to come to Rachel's for our girls' day.

"Thank you." He moved forward to kiss me when the doorbell rang.

"That's what I was talking about." He sighed and got up to were a t-shirt.

"You get fresh and come down." He pecked me on the lips then walked out.