Warmth X and X Safe

"Killua..." In my half-awake state, I could hear someone calling my name in the distance.

Cold wind and rain whipped through the trees above me, making the voice sound muffled and hard to make out.

"Killua?! Gon?!" The call sounded panicked as it got closer.

Where am I? Ugh...it's wet and cold. Am I laying on the ground?

Groaning, I tried to yell "over here," in the direction of the voice.

Nothing came out.

Damn.

Loud footsteps could be heard rushing towards me.

My eyes felt heavy as I tried to open them.

Taking a deep breath in, I struggled; chest aching horribly with each movement.

What happened to me?

Suddenly I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my left ankle.

It all came back to me.

Gon!

I squinted my eyes open and glanced to the boy next to me.

That's right...I passed out trying to save him.

He was breathing slowly and dried blood was all over his face.

Why does my hand feel warm? The rest of me is so cold. I thought to myself.

I glanced downward moving nothing but my eyes.

Gon's fingers were intertwined with mine as he laid on his stomach.

I gave a weak smile and shut my eyes again.

The footsteps from before approached my side.

"Gon! Killua! Oh my God!"

A girls voice?

Wait...is that Bisky? How did she find us?

Damp leaves shuffled beside me as I squinted my eyes open again to watch Bisky pick up Gon.

The grip he had on my hand released as he was pulled away from my side.

I groggily reached for his arm that hung loosely while Bisky carried him bridal style.

She stared down at me and said, "Stop. I've got him now, and you're hurt. There's nothing you can do. Just let me handle it from here."

Even though she spoke softly, I could hear the fear and rage in her voice.

I sighed in response.

Will she carry me too? Hopefully. There's no way I'm walking after all of that running and a broken ankle. Plus, she wouldn't just leave me, Gon would throw a fit. If he survives...

A dark thought began to creep into my mind.

If he survives...if he survives...if he survives...What if he doesn't live? There's so many things we didn't get to do yet...so many things I never got to tell him. This is all my fault. I really should've been there.

A warm tear began to roll down my cheek.

still debating on how i should continue from here...